• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So sad right now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
He is beautiful. I am so sorry. Hope things will work out on a positive note for you. Hugs.

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Are you located close to South Carolina?

Last edited:

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
:hug8: I know exactly what you're going through because I'm in the same boat. We can't really afford to pay board every month. I knew the day was coming when I'd have to sell him because I'd be going away for graduate school, but I didn't think it'd come so soon and I thought I had at least another year with him. :( I made the extremely tough decision to sell my boy last week, so I know how you feel and how difficult it is.

I'll keep both you and your horse in my prayers. I hope things get better for you and that you don't have to sell him.

Ranyart

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
At one time for a little while I couldn't afford my horse so he 'went to work' and I got free board at my trainer's barn in return for him being a lesson horse - Where there's a will, there's a way - keep on looking for ways to keep him - Good luck! He's cute!

Chantilly Lace

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
I am so sorry, you are in my prayers and thoughts.

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
Thank you everyone :hug8: We asked the owner if theres anything we can do to at least get a discount on board and maybe work for board but she said No...Right now we found the extra money for next months board but after that I am not sure if there is anything I can do.

You don't know how much all your prayers mean to me :heart:

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
:hug8: I know exactly what you're going through because I'm in the same boat. We can't really afford to pay board every month. I knew the day was coming when I'd have to sell him because I'd be going away for graduate school, but I didn't think it'd come so soon and I thought I had at least another year with him. :( I made the extremely tough decision to sell my boy last week, so I know how you feel and how difficult it is.

I'll keep both you and your horse in my prayers. I hope things get better for you and that you don't have to sell him.
Aww I am really sorry to hear that. Hopefully you guys can be reunited some day :(

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so sorry, Nicolette. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you. I hope something happens to turn this around. :hug5:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Okay I would start looking for another boarding facility. How can she not want to work with you guys?? I understand that business is business but it's not like your asking her to keep him for free.

Ginger

emtGen

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Gen
I was wondering... I don't know that much about horses but a good friend had them and I was thinking. He had partial ownership of his horse, shared it with another rider and they both paid for food and board. Maybe you can find someone who is willing to share ownership so you can still ride him and take care of him? Just a thought :) hope it helps.

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
Okay I would start looking for another boarding facility. How can she not want to work with you guys?? I understand that business is business but it's not like your asking her to keep him for free.

Ginger
I know! At first we thought she was a VERY nice lady. She talks all sweet and stuff. But now I am starting to realize she is one of those people that call horses stupid if they dont understand something and doesn't care if you loose your first horse. Her husband is the complete opposite of her. But she is the 'main' owner. I also figured out that if your not taking lessons with her then your not her friend. I thought what she told us was kind of mean. She just told us 'No I already have 2 people helping me out'
And we have tried looking for another place to board but they are even more expensive or hours away...

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
I was wondering... I don't know that much about horses but a good friend had them and I was thinking. He had partial ownership of his horse, shared it with another rider and they both paid for food and board. Maybe you can find someone who is willing to share ownership so you can still ride him and take care of him? Just a thought :) hope it helps.
Thanks. I have tried that. It didn't work out.

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
You guys I could just :hug8: you like crazy!! All of your prayers definitely helped!! We got 2 orders in 2 day!! Half of it went to the business then the other half went to Sonny :) Thanks sooo much! You don't even know how much you have helped!!!!!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am very glad that things worked out!

Matt

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
Thank you :D I am too. Thanks to AA for everyones prayers!

Christina71

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Christina
So glad it worked out for you. I wonder if you could talk to a vet that might know of individuals in your area that would be willing to keep your horse in exchange for some help or a smaller fee. There's got to be some good hearted people out there that would be willing to do that.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Wow your horse is really beautiful! I hope you are able to work something out to keep your baby.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Wonderful news!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.