• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

so now where can i get cheap toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
somewhere where it's safe and they offer sales like the perch used to do. I lived for those 30% off sales!! :(

also what is the best place to get pieces of wood at? cheapest too.

can you tell i'm strapped for cash? :lol::rofl:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Have you ever thought about making you own homemade wooden toys?

Buy the untreated cedar bender board at Homedepot, for like $3(they are 8ft long, and just buying one of these will last a while for your smaller fids! I mean you'll have plenty of wood to strring up and use, and when they are done with the toy you can just string up somemore, you'll have plenty!), and then have them cut it up into 3-4" pieces, and then go to WALMART in the arn department, get the thicker HEMP CORD(should be close to $10, but a LOT of Hemp to go around! It lasts a while!), and then drill holes into the benderboard pieces and then string'em up!

VERY cheap way to supply wood for our fids.

I buy the 98cent, 8ft long untreated pine, have THEM cut it into 3-4" pieces, and then I get home, drill hole sinto the hundreds of pieces, and then string them up, and add like wiffle balls, and plastic $1 store balls,etc, and its very cheap and FUN.

Also I go to the DOLLAR store and buy untreated WILLOW WREATHS for the birds, and they LOVE them!

All in all, the dollar store plastic balls, per pack(comes with 4-5 per pack) is a $1 each
For willow wreaths each is a $1 or less, depending ont he size. I get the 18" ones for my guys, but you could easily get the 8" Diameter ones for your fids for like 50cents or so
Hemp Cord: $10
Wood $3 or less

You dont have to go expensive to supply FUN toys to your bird,s toys your birds will actually use!

Mercedez

Last edited:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Yes, CA bird nerds has awesome toy parts and they are very cheap also! I am about to place a order with them, I make most of my fids toys also, cause I am strapped for cash too, LOL!

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I got Squeeky some items from dollar tree. I got him this dog rope toy which is shredded on the ends and he loves it. He chews on it and preens it a lot.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Times are tough right now and anything to stretch our money is great.

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Birdie Boutique They dont have sales as often as TPS, but the prices are good and the shipping is fast. My last order was a one-day turnaround :D

You can also check out True Love Aviary E-Bird Store A few members here have ordered from Rodney & Tamara and have been very pleased. Edited to add, they have a sale going on now :D

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
I get all my stuff from CA Bird Nerds, unless I find something to use at homedepot or Petco, I use PVC to do a lot of stuff because its reusable.

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
Thanks for the links.............

cher

Sarin

Real Name
Nicole
Awesome advice guys! I just ordered from Parrot Asylum today and they are by far the cheapest for bird toy parts I have come across! Shyra is very easy to work with and very fast at replying to any inquiries. :D

Nelson & Gang

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
I have never tried the Parrot Asylum ... I'll have to check that out. I do get a lot of parts from CA Bird Nerds - they are great.

I also can attest to the custom packages @ K&SCustomParrotSupplies ... all you have to do is tell them what your bird(s) like and what you want to spend and what you are looking for & they will take care of the rest. Just send them an email. Customer Service is impressive from them from start to finish!

I plan on ordering from Tamara soon too! I can't wait! I love to support good people!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
Yes, CA bird nerds has awesome toy parts and they are very cheap also! I am about to place a order with them, I make most of my fids toys also, cause I am strapped for cash too, LOL!
Thank you :dance4:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I love your stuff too Ann.

Ginger

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Here are the places, in the US, that I've ordered from before and have had GREAT customer service - all are highly recommended by Danny... hehe.

Bird Paradise Shopping Cart

Bird toys and accessories. Everything to please your parrot!

Bird Toys Big Beaks Bird Toys Parrot Toys Bird Toy Parts - More

Home - The Birdsafe Store

Medium Size Bird Toys - Toys for Parrots Birds Jardine Parrots Mini Macaws Amazons Greys Cockatoos Eclectus

osCommerce

Hmmm. On reflection I think I might buy too many toys......

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I dont think Danny would agree with that assessment :hehe:

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
I have a friend that ownes

BirdyBooty

Every toy you get is always different. They are all hand made. You pick how much your going to spend. $25, $50, $200 and you get a box of custom made toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.