• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So much for foraging

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
This is our 2nd Smograsboard from Seriously Nutz. Last time, I was able to keep putting the little plugs back in until Rupert destroyed it, and overall it lasted a long time.

The 2nd one has only been in a couple of days, and already, I can't plug the upper half of it.

20210126_134740.jpg

20210126_135152.jpg

He is still deathly afraid of Mr. Gingerbread, but Rupert has done some nibbling. I've been shoving his favorite sunflower seeds in the grooves to tempt him.

I don't have a picture of our 2nd Yankin Your Chain toy, but the bottom of his cage looks like an explosion of wood confetti.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Ripley does drive by beatings of his Gingerbread man.... Whips him against the playstand and then leaves him behind :lol:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Probably the same thing that's been happening to that snowflake from LMBT. That's his second one, too. :roflmao: I bought a duplicate and forgot I had it.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Ripley does drive by beatings of his Gingerbread man.... Whips him against the playstand and then leaves him behind :lol:
Rupert will go out of his way to avoid the Gingerbread man. I think last night was the bravest I'd seen him - he was on the perch underneath the toy. But he still very very tentatively took a sunflower seed from him. :embarassed: You know what they say, don't trust someone who smiles ALL the time.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
All you little bird owners want to refill the holes over and over. :facepalm: The big smorgasboard..... You fill those buggers and hammer the plugs in. If you want the treat you have no choice but to chew it out!

If you want a forever one.... Wouldn't you then just buy the pine one? :confused:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
All you little bird owners want to refill the holes over and over. :facepalm: The big smorgasboard..... You fill those buggers and hammer the plugs in. If you want the treat you have no choice but to chew it out!

If you want a forever one.... Wouldn't you then just buy the pine one? :confused:
I'm not complaining, I just think it's funny that he dug in to it so quickly compared to the first. He's usually a bit of a tortoise, ya know? Slow and steady.

He gets discouraged if things are too difficult. I just leave enough of the plug that he can beak it.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Happy birdies!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month