• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures So I did a thing...

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
omg so cute !
Congrats !
so happy for you, my fiance really wants one ! but im the one not sure about it
:yahoo:

Thank you!! :)
What’s got you on the fence?

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
I just die over the YouTube with ringnecks. Love them and your silver baby is darling!
Thank you! I love watching them on YouTube too :p

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
We love baby pics!! Lol can’t wait to keep posting :p
awesome1 keep them coming! What an adorable leetle beebee :heart:

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
What other birds do you guys have? Are you in an apt setting or a house?
i have always liked ringnecks and my boyfriends loves them, there were none when we were looking for a bird and we ended up with a plum headed parakeet and a Superb Parrot. they are noisy and the superb parrot is as loud as the black capped conure i had years ago.

the living situation is not the issue, the concern is just that i have heard and read that they makes hell of a noise almost to a sunconure's level and that is a concern for us because our house is very small.

anyway ... i think that the real issue is that i have only heard them on videos and from far away (we have a couple of wild IRN nesting on two trees in my neighbour's garden), but i have no idea how loud it is up close ? i have only met small conures, african grey's, cockatoos, senegal, meyer's, but no Pet IRN.

Reactions: Lo_

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
i have always liked ringnecks and my boyfriends loves them, there were none when we were looking for a bird and we ended up with a plum headed parakeet and a Superb Parrot. they are noisy and the superb parrot is as loud as the black capped conure i had years ago.

the living situation is not the issue, the concern is just that i have heard and read that they makes HE double hockey sticks of a noise almost to a sunconure's level and that is a concern for us because our house is very small.

anyway ... i think that the real issue is that i have only heard them on videos and from far away (we have a couple of wild IRN nesting on two trees in my neighbour's garden), but i have no idea how loud it is up close ? i have only met small conures, african grey's, cockatoos, senegal, meyer's, but no Pet IRN.

Maybe you guys could try to find one to rescue so you can meet them first and get to know them, experience the noise level? I know it’s hard to find them sometimes but I guess that would be my suggestion right now. And I can keep you updated on noise levels as the baby gets older, if you’d like :lol:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
And I can keep you updated on noise levels as the baby gets older, if you’d like :lol:
To me, IRNs fit above tiels and budgies...but well below conures and 'toos. ;)

Sometimes they have a "sharp" tone to their vocalizations that some people are sensitive to...:)

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
To me, IRNs fit above tiels and budgies...but well below conures and 'toos. ;)

Sometimes they have a "sharp" tone to their vocalizations that some people are sensitive to...:)

Well we do fine with Ollie’s (GCC) contact call/screams so I think we’ll be alright haha I know GCC’s are way different than Suns and the like.
I’ve never heard an IRN in person before but videos of their vocalizations don’t have me worried :D I can’t wait until they are old enough to start making some noises :p

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
Maybe you guys could try to find one to rescue so you can meet them first and get to know them, experience the noise level? I know it’s hard to find them sometimes but I guess that would be my suggestion right now. And I can keep you updated on noise levels as the baby gets older, if you’d like :lol:
thank you for the tip but we don't have rescues here theres like 2 or 3 private rescues in the entire country :shifty:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Congrats!

Reactions: Lo_