• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

so hot here!today in my aviary temperature 34 'C

monjur sayad

Strolling the yard
Real Name
monjur sayad
hlw
previously i post about hot temperature in my bird room.today temperature reach 34 'C in my aviary.i will use stand fan/table fan.can i set it in front my aviary bird cage (distance 5-6 feet) in moving position? just for soft breeze .its safe for my birds because i heard direct wind harm for birds. i have budgerigar ,cockatiel,finch .im confused i cant understand how can i set the fan in my aviary ?can any one share his/her aviary fan settings picture and videos please. please help me my birds are live in heat stressful environment. thanks.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you post pictures of your aviary to give others a better idea of how they can help you?

Is your aviary in the full sun or is partly shaded? Does it have a solid roof or wire roof etc. These bits of information may help others to help you best.

It often gets above 40 C in the area I live in and a lot of people with outdoor bird aviaries will build them under shady trees or use solid roofs painted with special paint to reflect the heat away from the tin roof, some even put shade cloth above the solid roof to keep the sun off it so the tin doesn’t get too hot.

The more information you can give about your particular aviary the easier it will be for others to make suggestions.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Your birds are already outside in the natural wind. That fan isn't going to harm them a bit.

Put a steel bucket of ice in front of the fan since you didn't bother to google "Redneck air conditioner".

You can also spray mist in front of the fan to cool the air.

Last edited: