• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So Frustrated...

birdle

Rollerblading along the road
so if nothing improves then you're just going to force that dog to live with his pent up energy and frustration and people who can't/won't work with him? I hope that forum gives you good advice, but remember that even with the best advice in the world it won't do any good unless you are firm and consistent with the training. every day, everyone.

Yoshi&Reza

Real Name
Alyssa
I am happy that you are getting responses on that forum. I hope you and your family can easily apply them to everyday life with Spector. Wishing y'all the best. I know this isn't an easy situation for anyone. A dog that doesn't quite fit in well with a family can cause a lot of stress on both sides.

:hug8:

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Can you guys put up a fence? It doesn't have to be permanent, you can get metal fence stakes and wire at Home Depot. That way he can run and play and have off leash time.

Klomonx

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Anastasia/Dorian
@lukeykee Well I can't exactly get rid of him myself, if my parents say we're keeping him, we are.
@KimKim As far as I know, parents don't wish to put up a fence due to its cost. i don't know enough on the subject to push it. I don't want to push 594839 things on them at once...

senorabarb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
Order "Reaching the Animal Mind" by Karen Pryor. She talks about how she trained dolphins, as a preface. She starts talking about dogs on page 40. She uses clicker training.