• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So, Flying High Bird Sanctuary is for sale...

parrotkid

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlin
A while back I visited Flying High Bird Sanctuary at Apple tree creek which is in Australia. I loved it so much I then recommended it to a member on here (kolas mum) anyway, I was reading a national bird magazine called the "Australian Birdkeeper" and there's an advert in there about the sanctuary saying "This business is for sale" now I've seen that for about a year now and I've been expecting it to be sold already.. But it's not! :eek: Apparently it's because one of the owners got cancer or something? It's on their website lol. Anyway, it hasn't been sold and I'm kinda worried... What if they have to sell or their birds or they sell to someone who will just sell the birds for the money or even worse, treat them like toys!? I know the chances are low but I'm still worried.... To the point I've kinda been begging my parents to buy it! Just felt like sharing, lol! What are your thoughts? Should I be worried or am I just over-reacting... Lol!

Cyreen

Rollerblading along the road
Buying a sanctuary would be a super humungous commitment. Maybe something a little less drastic - perhaps you could volunteer there or make a donation?

parrotkid

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlin
Buying a sanctuary would be a super humungous commitment. Maybe something a little less drastic - perhaps you could volunteer there or make a donation?
It's to far away to volunteer.... About 400km... When I did visit I did actually ask about voluntary though, if we moved closure. But, like, I'm more worried about if they sell it to the wrong people! I visited about 5yrs ago and the conditions were awful! Then I visited last year when the current owners owned it and it was much better! I don't want it to go downhill! Not to mention birds are always stolen from the sanctuary so security much be an issue too... Ugh :arghh: Why can't I make I good decision!?

parrotkid

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlin
I have no idea! The advert doesn't say... :unsure1: it just says "Call David for more information" and then his number... Maybe it's negotiable?? Idk lol

GuineaPigster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, owning a sanctuary would be amazing, and very rewarding I'm sure. :) unfortunately it's a HUGE responsibility, so not for most.