• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures So Far, So Good...

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Thanks, Aunt Sarah. It’s holding up. Loved your note, too. 5C5FD039-4DE0-4BD9-961F-09E317E61D9E.jpeg 8B69A25F-8BBC-4A4A-8FF2-8873489D4CF0.jpeg CAE41002-7035-479E-BF09-8B56190A71E0.jpeg

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:rofl:

I worked my bum off on that rope perch! What a monster. :laugh:
I love doing new projects and finding all the troubles that go along with it.
In my mind pinning that giant perch was so easy.... Reality was much different.
Just glad I finally got it finished and back in your aviary.

I have a new monster anyway.... It's Saroj's. Fingers crossed that her monster leaves the building on Monday.

Khizz

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Love the little wave in the last pic! So cute!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Everyone is looking spectacular! I really like that rope perch! It looks very sturdy. How are the ends secured. What is the diameter and how is it holding up with being outdoors? Also what type of roof tarp do you have over the aviary. I like it, it looks like it still lets some light in.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I really like that rope perch! It looks very sturdy. How are the ends secured. What is the diameter and how is it holding up with being outdoors?
:rofl: How dare you....

This is a 2" diameter rope perch. It is 6' long. This is his replacement for the first one that came undone.

In the store I carry up to 1 1/4" rope perches up to 72" long. I'm quite comfortable with those. When you start moving up into 2" diameter the rope becomes very heavy, especially the longer ones. This was custom and the first one I did in that length. Originally the rope was glued into the end caps just like my other rope perches.... that did not work with this weight. This one is new. It is glued as normal but now I have also pinned it in. This item is not available until it continues to hold well in his aviary. I have some in my cages that are fine but not at this length and not outdoors. :D

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Everyone is looking spectacular! I really like that rope perch! It looks very sturdy. How are the ends secured. What is the diameter and how is it holding up with being outdoors? Also what type of roof tarp do you have over the aviary. I like it, it looks like it still lets some light in.
It’s attached to the wire with quick links. They hold up well but do get weathered. I store them over the winter.

it’s a cheap tarp from harbor freight that needs retired after this year.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
So in other words. @aooratrix beautiful red head is the guinea pig.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Simon had already been in it. However, he hasn’t done the hang upside down flap yet.