• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So darn cute.

LexBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
-Lex-
It's been about 3 weeks since I got Benni. Yesterday, I had Bellas's cage open so she could have some time out of her cage, she wasn't going out, I had to go outside for a bit, so I thought it would be fine, about 15 minutes later I walk in to see Bella and benni preening each other and waddling around together, it was the cutest thing ever, Bella was bobbing her head up and down and they were both quietly singing. I think I didn't close the door to Benni's all the way cause I was in a rush. Benni makes Bella SO happy when ollie died Bella was so depressed and would hardly play, but now Bella is super active and happy. :) Im still gonna have Benni quarantine for a couple more days, he has shown no signs of sickness so far, my mom or dad cant take me to the vet :( my mom thinks we don't have to cause benni does not look sick at all.
I'm really happy that benni and Bella love each other, benni is almost done with his molt :) soon I will be able to determine if he's a girl :) if he is that would be surprising cause Bella is normally kinda territorial and grouchy, but not with benni.
Thanks for all your advice guys :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Im still gonna have Benni quarantine for a couple more days
Given that the quarantine essentially never happened, and how the two make each other happy, personally I would let them carry on interacting.ç
It´s nice to hear that Bella is happy and playing again. Losing one of my paired birds is always something I ponder, and hope they´ll be ok, so it´s nice to hear Bella is ok :)

LexBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
-Lex-
Given that the quarantine essentially never happened, and how the two make each other happy, personally I would let them carry on interacting.ç
It´s nice to hear that Bella is happy and playing again. Losing one of my paired birds is always something I ponder, and hope they´ll be ok, so it´s nice to hear Bella is ok :)
How did it not happen? At first I didn't know they had to be in completely different rooms so I moved benni to a different room

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Quarantine needs to be in a separate airspace without contact.

As they've met each other and have had physical contact, quarantine has been broken. If Benni is harbouring any illness, Bella has already been exposed. As a result, there's no point in trying to keep Benni separate. I'd agree that you can just let them be together and start forming a friendship :)