• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures So cute I can barely stand it!

Nyx

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Randi
aw, I can't see the pics; it just says IMG in text

EDIT: oh, nm I guess it just took a while to kick in and load XD She sure is adorable! tiels are wonderful little birds ^_^

Last edited:

moonchild

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
It is very unusual for tiels to pluck. Has she had the whole bank of tests done, including several giardia tests? The pics are very cute.:cool4:
awwwwwwwwww...what a dollie...I still say you should have her specifically tested for giardia..sometimes the giardia tests come back negative the first time and have to be redone..

She had a "normal" one- time giardia test at the vet's, and then I did a fecal trichrome test via mail. Negative. I do want to take her in to my CAV for an exam soon, since before she only saw a general "exotic" vet, but I'm fairly positive she doesn't have giardia. It's not unheard of for tiels to pluck, just rare.

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
AWWWW! Way too cute!

moonchild

Avenue Veteran
Merlin also yanks out her pins as she gets them on her bald belly :( I wish she would just let them grow back.

You do have me wondering now if I should put a collar, or gown or something on her to see if we can get the feathers to come back in. Once they are there, it's possible she will let them stay since she does on 90% of her body.
How bad is her plucking? Is she pretty bald? Maybe you should try the sweater lol. Or a cute poncho or vest. :D

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
She had a "normal" one- time giardia test at the vet's, and then I did a fecal trichrome test via mail. Negative. I do want to take her in to my CAV for an exam soon, since before she only saw a general "exotic" vet, but I'm fairly positive she doesn't have giardia. It's not unheard of for tiels to pluck, just rare.
Even though Dolce plucks, she seems happy and healthy-which is the most important thing. I'd keep those sweaters away from her, though...:cool4:

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
Dolce is so pretty. I don't know why she didn't like the sweater - I thought she looked "hot" in the pink one LOL

Last edited:

lupe

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lupe
Oh my! look at that lil angel...awwww~~:cloud9: