• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SO COMPLEX!

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Birds are so much more complex than I could have ever imagined. They are so varied in their behavior that I feel like every week I am reintroducing myself to them...

Charlie and Emma are at it again. A completely new pair of birds. Ever since the nest has been removed and the aggression has subsided, Charlie and Emma have been VERY talkative and HIGHLY active. Perhaps this was the best thing for them. Perhaps they were kinda depressed or something, but geez hahaha, ever since, they both have been VERY VERY VERY (like nonstop) talkative hahaha. Emma especially makes her clicking noise nonstop. Charlie of course makes his usual chirps and songs. They seem to be active all day! I have been letting them spend more time than usual out of the cage so they can burn off some energy haha. They are doing laps around the kitchen like crazy.

Another funny thing... They seem to make a game out of who can whiz by my head closer without colliding hahaha.

Crazy crazy finches!

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
Charlie just did a sort of barrel roll to avoid a head on collision with my face... Emma spooked him in flight causing an unexpected flight path change that almost intersected with my face... He's like a little fighter pilot haha

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
He just did another really cute thing... He flew down and landed very gracefully right in front of me. Turned towards me and sang twice, then took off again to go back to Emma.

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
From all your threads, it sounds like you give them a wonderful life! :heart:

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
They sound very happy and entertaining!

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
I'm personally a fan of Charlie and Emma tales :xflove:
Then again, I really want a couple finches or canaries, so I live vicariously through their stories and I'm good :lol:

Atomiklan

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Andrew
I'm personally a fan of Charlie and Emma tales :xflove:
Aww thank you! Well let me treat you to a cute pic then. Here they are tonight snoozing. Sorry for the blurry picture. Had to be really careful not to bump the cage. Didn't want to accidentally wake them up.

IMG_20171116_025105.jpg