• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Snuggle Hut

Should I get my male parrotlet a hut?

• A thousand times, yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
Please vote on whether you would recommend getting a male parrotlet a hut/tent. Follow-up explanations welcome!

elitys

Real Name
Elise
I don't have a lot of personal experience with the huts, but from what I've read, they can be problematic for a few reasons. Chewers can get the threads loose and ingest them or get their toes caught in the torn fabric. I've also heard that they can promote hormonal and territorial behavior. Personally, I don't think they're worth the risk (even though birds look cute cuddled up in them).

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
If you feel you NEED one, then a seagrass tent would he best. Other tents and huts are just recipes for disaster.

I say no, but if you decide to, then seagrass.

Jisoo

it's a no for me. birds can get hormonal in the hut and if they chew on it their nails can get stuck and they can rip it off (which is fatal to a little birdie). Also if thy swallow the fibers, it causes blockages into their throat. yes your bird might have no problems with it but the risk isn't worth it.

NorthernGannet

If you feel you NEED one, then a seagrass tent would he best. Other tents and huts are just recipes for disaster.

I say no, but if you decide to, then seagrass.
Completely agree here! If you're set on fleece, a couple of my birds actually really love the "cozy corner" fleece thing that i just hang on the bars at the base of whatever perch. Doesn't have to be put in a corner, and they just snuggle up close next to it.