• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Snowy Can't Move Her Legs! :( (Sad update #5)

susanoo

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Mac
Hi all--this started yesterday with one of her feet. She couldn't keep her balance and kept falling off of her perch. This morning--her legs basically stopped working. She couldn't even stay on her perch--so we took it out. She has just been lying on the floor of the cage for a while. We called a vet, she's got an appointment Tuesday--I have 120 dollars in my savings that are going to pay for the visit. But as of right now--we have a shirt draped over her cage so she won't get cold--a saucer of water that I've lifted her onto a few times today--though I don't know if shes dranken any water. A small pile of food on the floor for her to eat... and we put paper all around the bottom so her feet won't get caught in the grates. And a small soft piece of cloth for her to lay on--she's going to the vet no matter what--but can you guys help me out? Whats going on here! It's so heartbreaking to see a creature that loves to fly laying on the floor--unable to do anything. And I am aware that the sides of the cage are disgusting--it snowed here and I haven't been able to hose it off out back. There are no visible changes to her feet--she simply just cant walk. They wont move. At least her toes wont while her legs will from what it looks like. Help! :( Snowy.jpg

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I would go ahead snd offer her millery sbd seeds. Anything to encourage eating.

Big hugs to you

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
What a shame. Can you call around to another avian vet to see if they can get her in sooner?
If she's not eating and drinking, Tuesday is a long way off and she could possibly take a turn for the worse.
Also do you have a blanket to put over the cage to keep her warm? A tshirt won't provide much heat.