• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

snow storm/light alternative

isabella99

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
isabella
hi:) we are about to have α snow storm where i live and the power may go out, i usually leave the fan on and tv on volume 1 for the babies but of course that may not be available tonight, i’m keeping my phone charged, is there any other light alternatives anyone recommends? id use α flashlight but i’m worried that’d be too bright and keep them up all night, i don’t really know what to do for noise either if it were to go out, if anyone has suggestions please let me know:)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
We have many battery operated torches for blackouts- used to have a battery operated radio too but we no longer do for some reason. You can also get torches that sit in a cradle charger that you plug into the power points in your house and they automatically come on if the power goes off, they can also be removed from the cradle and used as a torch with a beam if needed... we have a few of these and they really are great as you just plug them into a power point you do not use much and they are always ready to go. Might pay to look into some recharging torch/lanterns (and a radio maybe) or battery operated ones for future events.

Found the torches we have... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...amp=1789&linkCode=xm2&creativeASIN=B018UQG9O6 they really are awesome!

Destiny

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Destiny
For white noise, you could look for a battery operated fan. I got one for when I go camping.

For soft diffuse light, glowsticks are always fun. But check how long they will stay glowy - some only last a few hours.

And if blackouts are common in your area, it might be worth investing in a power bank or battery backup to help keep your phone and other devices working. Probably not necessary for short outages, but I live out in the country and we will occasionally be without power for days.

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
I have some fairy lights hanging up in my room that are surprisingly bright and can light up a room. They are also battery operated which is helpful.