• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sneezing Grey (No discharge)

FLFeed

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pablo
Hello parrot friends, ive been wondering later on why is my little gandalf sneezing like 3 to 4 times a day (no nasal discharge just the sound). he is not mimicking since he has another way to mimic our sneezes.
He has always been a really dusty bird and he looks as healthy as always. I post 2 photos of his nostrils so you can take a closer look. My cockatiel wasnt as dusty as this guy and i think it might be the reason why he sneezes some more.
Sorry for photo qualities since i was trying to not light directly into his eyes so i was trying to cover them why he was trying to play with my fingers :arghh:
20201108_213846.jpg 20201108_213737.jpg

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I don't think there's anything in the nare that's blocking it, but if you can manage a visit with your Avian Vet, it'd be worth looking in to. It could be something blocking the passage further in, or allergies, etc.

FLFeed

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pablo
I don't think there's anything in the nare that's blocking it, but if you can manage a visit with your Avian Vet, it'd be worth looking in to. It could be something blocking the passage further in, or allergies, etc.
i have to contact my avian vet via mail right now since due to coronavirus i cant travel to visit him. He has been taking more showers later on so the ammount of dust in his feathers has been reduced but as said he still sneezes like 3 or 4 times every day with no discharge

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Is he molting perhaps? Rupert mostly sneezes after digging around in his feathers and chewing the waxy bits off of his pin feathers.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
i have to contact my avian vet via mail right now since due to coronavirus i cant travel to visit him. He has been taking more showers later on so the ammount of dust in his feathers has been reduced but as said he still sneezes like 3 or 4 times every day with no discharge
I'd keep in contact with your vet, even if it's just emailing - especially if the sneezing is an ongoing issue, it's good to have record of it.

FLFeed

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Pablo
Is he molting perhaps? Rupert mostly sneezes after digging around in his feathers and chewing the waxy bits off of his pin feathers.
he is 1 year and 5 months old so eventhough he has molted heavily some months ago he is still molting some final feathers from his first molt, and yeah you are right he usually sneezes when he is digging in his feathers

Last edited: