• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Sneezing and clear discharge from one nostril.

ZY28

Strolling the yard
Hello!
My green cheek conure started sneezing frequently for the last 15 minutes and has clear discharge from one nostril only. He seems completely normal otherwise. What should I do?
Thanks!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Birds can show indications of allergies. It is pollen season now so check to be sure all of your windows are closed. Suggest you get an air filtration system if this is the cause. Is the bird itching too? If the discharge changes to yellow or green then that is an indication of infection so a vet visit is in order. Watch for itching or lethargy. If the sneezing and discharge is persistent and bothering him then a vet visit is needed. Check in his nares to be sure there are no seed hulls inside or other irritants.

ZY28

Strolling the yard
Birds can show indications of allergies. It is pollen season now so check to be sure all of your windows are closed. Suggest you get an air filtration system if this is the cause. Is the bird itching too? If the discharge changes to yellow or green then that is an indication of infection so a vet visit is in order. Watch for itching or lethargy. If the sneezing and discharge is persistent and bothering him then a vet visit is needed. Check in his nares to be sure there are no seed hulls inside or other irritants.
The sneezing and discharge has stopped. The discharge had no colour. Though he is itching but I think it is because of pin feathers. I don't see any lethargy.