• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sneak Preview of New Product & Special Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I have just added information to my website about a new all-natural foraging product I am going to be offering for sale. Check back tomorrow for my special "free" offer of this product for every 3 pound order or larger of Palm Nuts! This offer will apply to all shipments made on Monday and Tuesday (September 20th & 21st). :dance4::dance4::dance4:

Please allow sufficient time for the video on my website to download for you to view it in its entirety. Thank you!

Okay, without further adieu, here is the link:
Royal Poinciana Seed Pod

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
they look like kids with candy!!!

will be watching for your special offer!:thumbsup:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They look great! I wish I could get Michael to be better about trying new foods.

Matt

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Ok, so I've been waiting like 10 minutes for the video to download, I have high speed DSL ... still waiting. Plus the the window is like locked up and I can not even close it. How long did it take for some of you others to download this video?

I am wondering why don't you just upload the video to youtube and embed it on the page?? Then it is pretty much instant, most people will not hang around to wait to see it, they'll leave the page. Just wondering?!

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Jan, I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties. I set this up in accordance with the advice of the trainers at Apple today. They suggested I by-step youtube and said that the way the video was converted to their software that it should load quickly. It worked great at the store but when I got home to test it, I saw that it took awhile to download and we also have high-speed DSL.

Can you tell me if you could play the video at all? You clicked on the arrow after a minute or two to make it play and nothing happened? Just trying to nail down the issue so that I can do my best to resolve. I may do the youtube thing if I can't get this to work the way I want it to!

I appreciate and value your feedback and input, Jan. Thank you!

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thanks Kelly - ok this is what I experienced was on the first attempt of viewing it, it was taking quite a while to load and it was not doing much and the little bar at the bottom of the video screen was barely moving... so then I got to thinking, maybe I needed to download a more current version of Quicktime... so I closed it out and downloaded the QuickTime and then reopened your site and almost immediately, it started downloading and showed the Amazons and then the movie started... the whole thing did great and as it was downloading the video it played fine clear to the end.

Very nice video, and quite interesting to say the least on those pods! I'll be looking into some maybe to try out for the birds!

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
Thanks for letting me know, Jan! Glad you could see it. Those Amazons sure had a ball with the pods. I give them to the Macaws and they don't last as long, of course, but they still give them a run for the money. :)

~Tiko~

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tammy
Will defiantly be watching for your special! :D

Kathie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
Kelly, your site is awesome, beautifully put together, and, most important is the products you are offering. I love that you are introducing so many of us to all of these new natural items for our birds - healthy for the bird and the bird's mind, as well! I am looking forward to them being available. :)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
They look great, like Danita, I would order in a heartbeat if you shipped to Canada.

Oh and the small part of the video where one of the amazons seems definitively more interested in the camera than the pod made me laugh quite a bit :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Oh wow thats neat looking! Im sure my fids would like it :D

Just out of curiosity.. when will the seed pod looking natural foraging food be available?

Also when do you Pandanus Chunks become available again or your Christmas Palm Nuts?

Last edited:

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
They look great, like Danita, I would order in a heartbeat if you shipped to Canada.

Oh and the small part of the video where one of the amazons seems definitively more interested in the camera than the pod made me laugh quite a bit :)
I need some input from Canadians. What is your preferred method of shipping? How long do packages typically sit in customs? Does this vary at all according to where in Canada you live or is the timeline the same regardless? The timeliness of delivery is of concern to me because all what I offer are perishable and I don't want anyone being disappointed in what they receive.

Oh wow thats neat looking! Im sure my fids would like it :D

Just out of curiosity.. when will the seed pod looking natural foraging food be available?

Also when do you Pandanus Chunks become available again or your Christmas Palm Nuts?
Mercedez, I am figuring out the shipping end of this with the Royal Poinciana Seed Pods and will finalize that later today. Will hopefully be publishing prices tonight and can then take orders ASAP. All orders received by midnight tomorrow will then ship on Monday or Tuesday.

The one thing I need to stress is the seasonal nature of these pods. They are at the tail end of production right now and probably will only be available for another 2 to 3 weeks at most. They then won't be available again until next August/September. I wasn't sure if I should even pursue offering something that has such a short season but then decided to try. The response I receive this time will probably determine whether I will offer them again.

The Christmas Palm Nuts are just starting to ripen. There are a limited quantity available now which I am hoping to include as free samples in orders of 3 pounds or larger of other nuts this coming week. I'd put some in smaller orders for people to try but there is literally no room in the box for them. :(

We monitor the Pandanus weekly or every other week and just checked on one tree last night. None are ripe or near ripe yet although they all have their mature size now. I will announce when they are available again as soon as they ripen up. :dance4:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I'll be making an order Monday.. unless I can make it to the bank today to cash a check... Im not sure if it would go through... but me birds want some of them see pods :)

How many come in an order? Can we freeze the seed pods, to expand the life of them?

I would love to try them.. eerr... my birds would love to try both the seed pods and the christmas palm nuts:cool1::D

Cant wait to order:dance4:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I've had things shipped USPS from the States and they seem to arrive quicker than things being shipped to me by Canada Post from the other end of the country.

USPS would be my preferred method since you avoid brokerage fees that way.

My only concern...can we import the palm nuts in Canada?

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I've had things shipped USPS from the States and they seem to arrive quicker than things being shipped to me by Canada Post from the other end of the country.

USPS would be my preferred method since you avoid brokerage fees that way.

My only concern...can we import the palm nuts in Canada?
Thank you for the feedback. I have heard that UPS was not a good way to go for shipping into Canada. Good to hear that the USPS works well. Any idea how long a package might linger in customs?

As for shipping the palm nuts into Canada, while I have not yet tried, I know it has been done and without any problem. The contents were described on any customs form as "palm nuts for birds" from what I understand.

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
I'll be making an order Monday.. unless I can make it to the bank today to cash a check... Im not sure if it would go through... but me birds want some of them see pods :)

How many come in an order? Can we freeze the seed pods, to expand the life of them?

I would love to try them.. eerr... my birds would love to try both the seed pods and the christmas palm nuts:cool1::D

Cant wait to order:dance4:
Mercedez, I have not yet tried freezing them but I think I will give it a try with a pod I have here now and see what it looks like when I thaw it out tonight and give it to a bird or two to see if they like them that way. I would also be interested in freezing some myself since the season for them is soon ending and I would like for the birds to continue to have them.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
When I ordered things from the States, it didn't seem to have lingered in customs. So far, it might have been there for a few hours maybe?

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
When I order things from the US, it takes about 10 days.
But, when I have things shipped to my US address, USPS it takes about a week.
Soooo.....that is what I know :)

The Cozy Nestbox

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
When I ordered things from the States, it didn't seem to have lingered in customs. So far, it might have been there for a few hours maybe?
Really? Wow, that is super-encouraging! Okay, well I am going to go out now and see about collecting some Pods. Got one in the freezer now to test later tonight. Will be back.....

Status
Not open for further replies.