• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Snake vs Glue Trap

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
This was posted to the NextDoor my sister gets. I wish the OP had thrown some dirt over the sticky parts so he wouldn't get stuck on more things

Garage Snake. Apparently, glue mouse traps are useful for catching other unwanted critters in your garage.
Once I managed to unstick the snake from the trap, he became stuck to my glove as he had some glue remaining on his head. When I used my other hand to free him, I then had a snake stuck to both of my gloves! I finally managed to extradite myself using my foot.
Then I noticed the tip of the snake’s tail had become stuck to his head so he could only slither in a circle.
Once I solved this latest challenge, I left my extremely traumatized new friend in the garden to find a new home. Perhaps we will meet again in the spring.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:nervous:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Glue traps are nasty, evil, horrible things and should never be used for any reason. They should be banned.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thank goodness for your kind heart to help the poor guy out! That sure made for an interesting day.... I hope he does well from all that trauma.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Thank goodness for your kind heart to help the poor guy out! That sure made for an interesting day.... I hope he does well from all that trauma.
no, wasn't me in the picture, just a post my sister saw and shared. But you bet I'd have helped the poor guy out. I feel so happy all day when I see one of my garter snakes roaming my lot. They act so wild - they only stay visible for a split second.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
no, wasn't me in the picture, just a post my sister saw and shared. But you bet I'd have helped the poor guy out. I feel so happy all day when I see one of my garter snakes roaming my lot. They act so wild - they only stay visible for a split second.
I gotta admit.... certain snakes are welcome here, the poisonous ..no. But I will chase the black snakes out of the yard if I see them to protect the baby birds in the spring outside when they fledge. With caution of course.... those guys will come at you in defense sometimes if you come too close. They have an attitude!

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
If you ever find one on a trap again olive oil works wonders. They don’t get stuck again either if you use it. They can generally wiggle themselves off or you can work the oil under the stuck parts. Keeps from damaging the scales (infection under damaged scales is no fun) or breaking ribs just pulling at them.

I found the olive oil thing out after two of my baby corns got stuck on electrical tape (good lesson in why I always say tape in a cage is a no no now lol). They had tape stuck on their eyes with tongues stuck on the tape too (whole body really) & I thought they were goners before I googled the oil trick & was able to pop them right off with no damage!

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
If you ever find one on a trap again olive oil works wonders. They don’t get stuck again either if you use it. They can generally wiggle themselves off or you can work the oil under the stuck parts. Keeps from damaging the scales (infection under damaged scales is no fun) or breaking ribs just pulling at them.

I found the olive oil thing out after two of my baby corns got stuck on electrical tape (good lesson in why I always say tape in a cage is a no no now lol). They had tape stuck on their eyes with tongues stuck on the tape too (whole body really) & I thought they were goners before I googled the oil trick & was able to pop them right off with no damage!
Goodness, that sounds traumatic for all. I'm glad you found a way to free them. I don't use glue traps but it's a good tip to know because life can have surprises.