• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Snack time <3

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
I've been out for most of Aro's typical out of cage time today and while he did get a few hours in the morning, I feel pretty bad since it's almost bedtime now, so I decided to sit with him for a while. Featuring his new sunflower seeds that are the right kind for him now ;) He seems to love them WAY more then the ones he had before, he gets so excited when I go near the snack bowl as you can see at the start of the video haha. :3

Link <3

A little update to go with it: He's been so much more interested in spending time with me the past two days, it seems like he's starting to settle in a little bit, or at least get used to me. It makes me so happy <3

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I've been out for most of Aro's typical out of cage time today and while he did get a few hours in the morning, I feel pretty bad since it's almost bedtime now, so I decided to sit with him for a while. Featuring his new sunflower seeds that are the right kind for him now ;) He seems to love them WAY more then the ones he had before, he gets so excited when I go near the snack bowl as you can see at the start of the video haha. :3

Link <3

A little update to go with it: He's been so much more interested in spending time with me the past two days, it seems like he's starting to settle in a little bit, or at least get used to me. It makes me so happy <3
Yay congrats! He is precious!!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
Yay! ARO is being so gentle taking snacks! Definitely looks you guys are building trust.

The scallops on his neck ste gorgeous . I wish green cheeks had them!

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You have got Aro onside by the looks of things.

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
Yay! ARO is being so gentle taking snacks! Definitely looks you guys are building trust.

The scallops on his neck ste gorgeous . I wish green cheeks had them!
I agree!!! I'm so happy that he's starting to trust me.and that I actually gave him time and didn't give up <3

Right???? They're so pretty >w< Something I noticed now that he's been coming over to me more often and sitting directly in the sunlight is on the back of his neck some of his feathers are a turquoise colour, which is so pretty. I'll try to snap a picture sometime but now that he likes my phone so much,,whenever I take it out he tends to try to fly on it xD

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
but now that he likes my phone so much,,whenever I take it out he tends to try to fly on it xD
Do you have toys for him when he is out and about ?
Your phone looks interesting he wants to explore interesting things.
Try and stop him flying to your phone or you wont be able to use it when he is out, have some finger traps,vine balls ets out and about and show interest in them to try and encourage independent play.
It really is worth distracting him from any interest in your phone in case he starts biting when you use it.
You are doing really well

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
Do you have toys for him when he is out and about ?
Your phone looks interesting he wants to explore interesting things.
Try and stop him flying to your phone or you wont be able to use it when he is out, have some finger traps,vine balls ets out and about and show interest in them to try and encourage independent play.
It really is worth distracting him from any interest in your phone in case he starts biting when you use it.
You are doing really well

I don't have any out of cage toys for him aside from a few that's set up on the outside of his old cage atm, I kind of had to spend a /lot/ more then I planned for last month because my parent kept guilting me to give him money, but this month aside from christmas gifts for friends and bills, all of my money is going on finding him some good outside toys and making the outside seem enjoyable to him. Only the best for my little man. <3 I think I said before, but originally my plan was to get a cockatiel at the start of next year,,so if I'd stuck to that plan I would already have outside toys and such, but Aro came to me a bit unexpectedly (and impulsively), so at the minute we're a little behind on a few things. :( It makes me a little bit glad that he took to me slowly instead of immediately being confident, cause I had more time to prepare while he was here. xD

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Get yourself some paper straws cut them up stuff a few with his fave sunflower seed.
Give him one with a sunflower seed in and then drop a load into a food bowl show some interest in the bowl and he will be away foraging.
20210729_155410 (1).jpg
You can also put a load in a food bowl in his cage if you are out

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Aww brilliant this is so lovely to see :heart:

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
Get yourself some paper straws cut them up stuff a few with his fave sunflower seed.
Give him one with a sunflower seed in and then drop a load into a food bowl show some interest in the bowl and he will be away foraging.
View attachment 418944

Ooooh!!!!! I didn't thinkof this, I actually have a lot of paper straws because I'm weird and can't drink anything unless through a straw,,,so it def works out well for me. >:] Plus he lovesss tearing up paper, so he'll adore this. I will do it tomorrow, and reply with how it goes!! :D

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila

Link <3

Aro is SO gorgeous! Conures eating with their lil feetz is just :heart::heart::heart: too precious.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
So glad to hear you're bonding more.
Patience pays :)

Tapew0rrm

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Camille
View attachment 418944
So, little update, I tried this with him buuut...he didn't seem the most interested unfortunately he got excited to sit with me while I was making it, and enjoyed the noise aspect of when I put it in the bowl, but other then that he did very little interacting, even when I showed him there were treats