• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Smoking in car

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Well, anyone can make a baby but it does not mean they will be fit parents or even members of society.
I can't fathom why in this day anyone would risk there own health by smoking but to endanger a innocent child or animal by exposing them to known carcinogens should be punishable just like any other abuse!!!!!!!!!:extremeanger::tmsmakesme:

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
In the UK it's illegal to smoke in a care with a child and they can be prosecuted.

ask your parents for a cigarette really casually, I'm guessing they will go on a massive rant about how bad smoking is. All you have to say is I might as well since you're forcing me to smoke second hand and damage my Lungs like you are.

Most of the smoke you can't see anyway nor smell so it may. Not look like a lot but it's everywhere.

layinlow

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kazmon
In the UK it's illegal to smoke in a care with a child and they can be prosecuted.

ask your parents for a cigarette really casually, I'm guessing they will go on a massive rant about how bad smoking is. All you have to say is I might as well since you're forcing me to smoke second hand and damage my Lungs like you are.

Most of the smoke you can't see anyway nor smell so it may. Not look like a lot but it's everywhere.
That’s pretty smooth! Living in America, parents tend to get away with such things. My mother had cried to me once about how bad she wished to stop smoking because it was hurting her and me, and that she was going to work on it.

Not one thing has been done to help it, and it has been four or five years since that, lol.

Pass Mika a cig, too!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I hope he gets lots of fresh air too ;)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Courtesy to others is a necessary part of living with our fellow humans and animals both. It is especially important for people that choose to smoke cigarettes. I am so sorry you had to put up with this. I hope there are no untoward effects from the second hand smoke for you or your birds.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Yes, I have asked but they have said that they’d rather not take any unnecessary stops, such as not stopping just to smoke.
They are going to kill your bird. Get in their face and INSIST they don’t smoke while the bird is around.

Get on the floor and throw a bloody tantrum and that you and the bird will not be going anywhere in a smoke filled car.

If they light up in the car, grab that thing and throw it out the window

Your birds life depends on it

Do they smoke in the house with the bird now?

RawPasta

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kelley
Just so you know it's illegal to smoke in the car with children in the US as well. I'm pretty sure it's a law in every state.

Edit, quick Google check, it's been talked about for years and years and only Alabama is even close to making it a law. As of now, it's not illegal. So sorry they aren't putting your (and your bird's) health first.

Last edited:

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Seriously??? You guys want the kid to brace the parents on smoking in the car? Good luck with that. I know what that would've earned me back in the day. Throw a tantrum? That is ridiculous and would result in consequences.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Maybe they should smoke a little bit less and stop on the road a few times have their cigarette and move on down the road.

It's one thing to be a smoker most people that smoke that I know typically smoke outside of their homes all does a stink everything up!

Maybe they should try vaping to quit?

Sorry that you live in a home with smokers I could never deal with that.

:(

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Seriously??? You guys want the kid to brace the parents on smoking in the car? Good luck with that. I know what that would've earned me back in the day. Throw a tantrum? That is ridiculous and would result in consequences.
You have a solid point. I know if I had done the same (well my parents didn't smoke but) I would have gotten smacked to kingdom come. And that would be bad and just place OP in an even worse situation.

Like I said earlier, sometimes you just have to do the best you can with the situation you're in. :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
If I had talked back to my parents AT ALL I would've been grounded. If I threw a tantrum they would have immediately gotten rid of the bird.

A guy who worked in a stop-smoking clinic told me it is more addictive than heroin. It is really hard for people to stop, or even cut back. A relative smoked the whole time their kids were growing up even tho one child suffered greatly from asthma. :(

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
If I had talked back to my parents AT ALL I would've been grounded. If I threw a tantrum they would have immediately gotten rid of the bird.

A guy who worked in a stop-smoking clinic told me it is more addictive than heroin. It is really hard for people to stop, or even cut back. A relative smoked the whole time their kids were growing up even tho one child suffered greatly from asthma. :(
My dad used to smoke (he started at age 11) before I was born and he only stopped when he started coughing up blood. He quit cold turkey then. Never picked up another one.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It would be great if your dad would just read this thread. Then I can have a face-to-face talk with the man. He has no argument.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Print it out and leave it where he can’t miss it.

Like the windshield of the car. :)

He won’t be hearing it from you. He’ll be hearing it from us. I am a smoker.

Last edited:

layinlow

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kazmon
It would be great if your dad would just read this thread. Then I can have a face-to-face talk with the man. He has no argument.
Mm, I actually didn’t catch my dad smoking the whole trip. It was just my mom.

It shows how bad it was when after an hour of not smoking, my mother went to grab another one. I told her not to light another one because I was feeling sick, and she practically threw a tantrum on how it had ALREADY been an hour since she had her last cig.

If she grabbed at least one cig all carride, she smoked at least 8, and I had actually caught her smoking two cigarettes each hour. So probably around 8-12 cigarrets ? Hopefully my prediction is wrong and she didn’t smoke so many..

layinlow

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kazmon

Sadly it is the same for me:( if I speak up about anything, use the wrong tone of voice, or even make a wrong face, I am certain that I will get in trouble.

Last night, during the carride, I had politely asked for my mom to not light a cigarette and I could tell that she was angry with me. That’s the only time I’ve really asked for her to have stopped for a bit.

She had told me, ‘if having a bird meant this much trouble, then I wouldn’t have gotten you one.’ Sigh..

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Your situation really sucks, and I’m so sorry for you and your bird.
:sadhug2:
Love this.

MahaSarah

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Maha
I actually feel really bad for you. I'm sorry you have to deal with that, unacceptable.