• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Smoke

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The smoke from the wildfires has reached Virginia. There are no white clouds, no stars, just grey clouds. Will be here for next few days.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
I was driving earlier this morning through a more rural part of my State and noticed how large and orange-y the sun looked. It was beautiful but strange. At the same time, the news station on my radio stated to expect haziness due to the wildfires.

When I got to my destination, I asked my client what wildfires there had been in central Michigan. She was the one to tell me that it was all from the wildfires on the west coast. I was really shocked.

It made me wonder what it must look like from space :(

Bookwyrm

Sprinting down the street
I'm in the west coast-ish area (sort of) and school's been cancelled several times, including today. It's crazy.

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Some of the smoke from the West Coast wildfires made its way to central New York State too. The sky here has been quite hazy for the past two days. A relative of mine lives in the State of Oregon and he said there were fires about 30 miles (48 km) from his home. He said the air was thick with smoke and ash where he lives. What terrible things those wildfires are.