• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Smart Mr. Peep

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Peep is 19 months old. He REFUSED to even try any fresh food until last week. I have been receiving meals through a state program since June 1. I get a brown shopping bag once a day. There is a green salad and fresh fruit in every bag. Last week Peep literally jumped into my salad and went for the dark green leaves. This became a daily routine. After a few days he ate only a bit of breakfast one morning and then started running around, cheeping, and looking for something. As soon as my bag came I realized he wanted some greens! This week he has tried watermelon (big hit), pineapple, and carrot. Today he was over by the window, having his morning singing activity, when my bag came. He IMMEDIATELY ran over an almost jumped into the shopping bag. He got excited when I pulled out the salad in a clear plastic container. He clearly is hooked on now! (The picture is just because he is so cute. ) 94CA70A3-6692-48A6-824F-08FC16678468.jpeg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Fantastic!!! :yah:

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Another first today: bell pepper (red, green and yellow. Green was preferred). What a change. In just 2 weeks. And he's now checking out what I'm eating.