• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Smaller flights

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Gracie has been having a time getting use to the loose of her vision in her left eye. I noticed she has been making more of an effort to not go very far like she use too. I do miss her following me all over the house and going to visit Bo in the other room. I am working on getting some things moved out of the other room so I can put a chair in there and just hang out with both of them in the same room. She has had a few instances of falling more because of miscalculations on her part and she won't move after landing on the seat of the chair or table. I have a feeling once she lands she doesn't trust herself to make the flight to her destination. She has been a lot nicer to my husband which he says is nothing but an act of desperation on her part lol. She has also been napping a lot more but then sh has her crazy spurts of hyperness and is all over the place talking and wanting to play.

Bo has been doing very well and has been a lot more talkative which has been really nice. Since grandma passed he has been very quiet until recently. I figured out the whole talk to me, but don't look at me and you can't be in the same room as me. I literally have to be in my bedroom or kitchen area and he will chat it up with me for 30 minutes easily. Then I have to go over and play with him for a while with his bells and he is a happy guy. Like I tell my vet he is a little neurotic lol.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Poor Gracie. I hope she gains more confidence as she gets used to her lack of sight. Also, I’m glad Bo is acting more like his old self again. It’s so hard to loose the ones we love.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:sadhug2:Aging babies...

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Bo is just the funniest little guy. He talks to me while I am getting ready for work but I am sitting on my bed where he can't see me. We just chat back and forth and he is totally okay with it. Then when I get ready to leave I get a butt wag and we play for a minute or two then I go before he hisses at me.

Gracie is having a time but I know she will be okay. We can see the clouding in her eye a little more these days but I know she is going to be okay. She does get a little jumpy in the evenings but I think its more because she is getting sleepy herself.

It is hard watching them both get older as time goes on but I know they are doing well other wise.

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Bo sounds so full of personality! Well they certainly have a happy home, so I know they are getting lots of good love and care!:heart: