• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Small Steps

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
I'm currently watching my hubby make dinner with Chipper on his playstand near by. Dan's chatting to him, and Chipper is begging for bites of food as he cooks. Even Dan can't resist Chipper's sweet face, and he's giving him little bites as he cooks. Just a couple months ago, Dan said he didn't even want to see the bird, and he had to be put away before he came home.

I'm just so stinking proud of these two! IMG_20200202_194057.jpg

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Sometimes, hubbies are harder to train than birds... but it looks like you're mastering both! Chipper looks great! What was Dan the chef cooking? Mine isn't the best cook but I'm not complaining since I don't do any cooking... I'm too busy with the birds. Beggars can't be choosers and "Eh"... it's food so I appreciate it. Hope your meal was better than mine!

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
Sometimes, hubbies are harder to train than birds... but it looks like you're mastering both! Chipper looks great! What was Dan the chef cooking? Mine isn't the best cook but I'm not complaining since I don't do any cooking... I'm too busy with the birds. Beggars can't be choosers and "Eh"... it's food so I appreciate it. Hope your meal was better than mine!
Dan does all the cooking here.. I've been banned for lack of edible food :lol: He's a great cook, last night was chicken cor don Bleu!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Fantastic update! So great to hear they are making progress in their relationship :)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Moving right along...congrats for all! :thumbsup:

Chipper has a mischievous look on his face in that picture...when I see that look on Milton's face, I batten down the hatches...;)

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Congrats! He looks very proud of himself :)

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Dan does all the cooking here.. I've been banned for lack of edible food :lol: He's a great cook, last night was chicken cor don Bleu!
People always say I'm lucky for having a husband who does the cooking :laughin: He'll never let me forget the time he left me to cook basmati rice and I was regularly stirring it like rice pudding! :madwife:

Also love cordon bleu! There's a restaurant here that does about 9 different types!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Oh... one of my favorites! My dad used to make that on special occasions. He was the chef in the family.. had a restaurant for many years and wrote his own cookbook. I'll bet his recipe for the chicken cordon bleu is in there somewhere in another book of our childhood favorites he made one year to give us as a Christmas gift.

TikkiTembo

Real Name
Chelsea
I received this picture yesterday while I was at work! Dan let Chipper out of his cage while I wasn't home for the FIRST TIME SINCE SEPTEMBER! He said he was perfectly behaved. When I got home, he started a scream fest, but that's to be expected. He just opened his cage and let him come out on his own so he didn't have to touch him.
Hooray! :birdance: :birdance: :birdance: :bliss::cloud9::yahoo: 604104994.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Everybody is growing. :hug8:

Real men eventually buck up. :D

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sounds like he just needed a bit of training. I suggest everytime you walk past, drop a bit of beer into his beer glass and tell him what a good husband he's been :rolleyes: Now I can let mine out of his cage whenever he wants :laughin:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
:cngrt5:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Sounds like he just needed a bit of training. I suggest everytime you walk past, drop a bit of beer into his beer glass and tell him what a good husband he's been :rolleyes: Now I can let mine out of his cage whenever he wants :laughin:
Oh my! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

How long did it take before he step up?
I hope you didn't gave him to much peanuts, because they will make him fat, especially in combination with beer. :D

Last edited: