• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Small red bump near the eye?

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
I noticed my Indian ring neck parrot has a small red bump near her left eye, it looks a bit like a spot. I only noticed it today and there haven’t been any changes in her behaviour, appetite, etc.
Does anyone have any idea of what it might be and should I be concerned?
B1D0C339-3357-4CA8-A7F8-8BAEF1A518FA.jpeg 2063E812-921E-4155-8A9A-86E0315128EC.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Maybe like an ingrown feather?

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Can you see a vet? It could be a number of things - a small cut or scab, an ingrown feather, a cyst, something else. It's difficult to know what it is without a close visual examination, touching it and perhaps taking a skin biopsy.

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
Can you see a vet? It could be a number of things - a small cut or scab, an ingrown feather, a cyst, something else. It's difficult to know what it is without a close visual examination, touching it and perhaps taking a skin biopsy.
It would be hard for me to take her to the vet right now as she only went about last week for her wing, there is only one avian vet near me and it’s quite expensive...
If her eye doesn’t get better soon, I'll definitely take her.

mybluebirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mk
Sorry got not updating in ages! Turns out they were just pin feathers :)