• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Small Conure Laid an egg now nothing?

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
You're talking bout the one with the orange head right? What might the other one be? It is slightly larger then the other one. My sister had purchased three hatchlings around the same time. Two of them came from the same place and we're siblings. They looked very similar. The other one was just like the orange head one but we were able to sell it.

I had seven cockatiels to begin with one of which was a very beautiful one. It was grey nd white but not like a traditional one. It was all over mottled grey and white very interesting looking bird that we hand fed. We also had a very pretty yellow and white one that we sold.the five cockatiels left now are pretty average looking teal's. One of them in particular is able to mimic a little, no words yet but maybe? I did have a cockatiel as a kid that could talk.
I had read that they put open bands on birds tht come from other countries when they leave quarantine. That's why I asked, I was curious if it may have been imported from somewhere else. I'll pull that one out again and get confirmation on what the and actually says today though.

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
I just checked in on the sun's and I wanted to check the eggs to see if they were viable or not. They all appear to be fertilized. Sadly though she has cracked two of them one of the cracked ones looks definitely badthe inside as went watery which means air has gotten inside it, right? The second cracked one still appears to be ok on the inside...is that possible? Should I take the last viable egg and try to put it in the best of my other pair with eggs? I'm not sure how they got cracked or if she did it on purpose or accident? They aren't totally destroyed so it could of possibly been an accident? My other pair seem like they will be very good breeders and parents they're very attentive and the male seems to be helping out? Maybe it's just me...lol? Anyways, not sure what to think about the cracked eggs....

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
For the conure mutations does it make a difference if they have the red heart on the chest? I think five of the birds we have have that marking. One of them it's more of a pink color though.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Also, someone told me that people will buy fertilized eggs so they can hatch them themselves and be the first imprint for the hatchling and then hand feed formula. Is this true? And if so, how do you sell them? And what are average prices for eggs from the breeds I have?
No reputable breeders sell eggs.

You don´t need to incubate and hatch eggs in a machine to have a good bond with them. A good upbringing by their parents and a good breeder will create a well adjusted bird that will settle into a good home well without the need for people attempting to feed day old chicks which is very dangerous.

If someone who isn´t a very experienced breeder wants an egg from you, tell them no.

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
It may be possible to transport birds with their eggs, but it's unlikely that the eggs will make it.

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
No reputable breeders sell eggs.

You don´t need to incubate and hatch eggs in a machine to have a good bond with them. A good upbringing by their parents and a good breeder will create a well adjusted bird that will settle into a good home well without the need for people attempting to feed day old chicks which is very dangerous.

If someone who isn´t a very experienced breeder wants an egg from you, tell them no.
That was pretty much what my intuition was telling me already.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor