• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Small Conure Laid an egg now nothing?

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
This is "peaches" I call her a girl, but I'm not sure. Leg band possibly says BBF 3252? She didn't like the camera so her photos are terrible bc she wouldn't stop moving! Lol. Her feathers are orange on the face, then they turn a beautiful teal, then green! The next bird is her cage mate who I'm assuming is a male. He has a black cap with a lace necklace, red tail, green body, with blue wing tips. His leg band says SBF RO 14 (I think)

Attachments

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
These are a breeding pair. Neither have a band. The first two pics are the mail. The last is the female. I have three eggs so far with them. I was told they were sun conures? The female obviously didn't appreciate being photographed and she has pulled out some of her feathers

Attachments

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
These two look almost identical. Their leg bands say AE IN 21 018 (I believe this is a male, he is also pretty friendly and can be handled), the other I believe is a female, band says AG(or could be a C) TN 21 1859. She is a little skittish. I believe they both were hand fed by my sister this year. They both ave grey/tan heads with red hearts on their belly and yellow sides, red tails and blue wing tips. I will try to get better photos soon.

Attachments

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
This one also was a hatchling, hand fed. This bird and the previous bird are around the same age, both under a year and have been kept together. I've been thinking that I might need to separate them though as I'm not sure if his tail feathers look like that bc of the other bird or if it's done it himself. I'm unsure of the sex on either.

Attachments

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
View attachment 397911 View attachment 397911 this is "Marley". She doesn't have a band. I was told she's a girl, but I don't know for sure bc I can't find their papers. This picture does not do her colors justice. I'm fairly certain that she's a blue crown. The blue didn't show well in either of the photos though
Without an age or guaranteed sex I'd say about 500.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
This is "peaches" I call her a girl, but I'm not sure. Leg band possibly says BBF 3252? She didn't like the camera so her photos are terrible bc she wouldn't stop moving! Lol. Her feathers are orange on the face, then they turn a beautiful teal, then green! The next bird is her cage mate who I'm assuming is a male. He has a black cap with a lace necklace, red tail, green body, with blue wing tips. His leg band says SBF RO 14 (I think)
Peach fronted conure and regular green cheek. Most breeders will probably want to split these up, as they are very different species. I'd say 300 for the peach front and 150-200 for the green cheek.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
These are a breeding pair. Neither have a band. The first two pics are the mail. The last is the female. I have three eggs so far with them. I was told they were sun conures? The female obviously didn't appreciate being photographed and she has pulled out some of her feathers
Sun conure pair that is proven, I'd say 1000-1200.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
These two look almost identical. Their leg bands say AE IN 21 018 (I believe this is a male, he is also pretty friendly and can be handled), the other I believe is a female, band says AG(or could be a C) TN 21 1859. She is a little skittish. I believe they both were hand fed by my sister this year. They both ave grey/tan heads with red hearts on their belly and yellow sides, red tails and blue wing tips. I will try to get better photos soon.
Green cheek mutations, hatched in 2021, I'd say 400-500 each.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
This one was a hatchling when I got him. Hand fed by me. Very loving and great pet. Can be loud. No leg band though. Was told he is a jenday but I'm not sure about that now.
Looks like an immature jenday but im not 100% sure. If it is a jenday, 600-700.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
This one also was a hatchling, hand fed. This bird and the previous bird are around the same age, both under a year and have been kept together. I've been thinking that I might need to separate them though as I'm not sure if his tail feathers look like that bc of the other bird or if it's done it himself. I'm unsure of the sex on either.
No band hand fed. Less then a yr old.
Same as above.

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
The bird in the backs and says AFA HA IB FL 1754. The bird at the front of the photos band reads AE 019 20 IN
Green cheeks. You can track the first band by calling the office of the avicultural society of america. The second was hatched in 2020. The first depends on age, the second 300-400.

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
The peach has an open band, does that make a difference? She also talks. She laughs, it's like "ha ha ha" it actually sounds like one of those evil laugh. It's pretty funny actually. She also toSays "pretty birdie" or "pretty boy" she says, "what?" " I love you" and she makes a noise tht sounds like a sound effect or a song best. When I was reading online it said the closed and open bands made a difference which is why I asked

Matto

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
The peach has an open band, does that make a difference? She also talks. She laughs, it's like "ha ha ha" it actually sounds like one of those evil laugh. It's pretty funny actually. She also toSays "pretty birdie" or "pretty boy" she says, "what?" " I love you" and she makes a noise tht sounds like a sound effect or a song best. When I was reading online it said the closed and open bands made a difference which is why I asked
A closed band can only be put on when they are 10-14 days old, open bands can be applied any time. Closed bands are more reliable. As far as the price of the bird, though, it doesn't really make a difference.
You think they both look like jenday?
The second is definitely a jenday.

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
Green cheeks. You can track the first band by calling the office of the avicultural society of america. The second was hatched in 2020. The first depends on age, the second 300-400.
The bird in the front looks very similar to the identical pair. It has yellow sides and a red heart on its chest too. Does that make a difference?

I'll post pics here in a bit of the other breeding pair with eggs. They are very bonded and both sit in the box at night together. She is very pretty, has similar patterning to him but is this beautiful aqua/ teal color. Do you know what that might be?

Also, someone told me that people will buy fertilized eggs so they can hatch them themselves and be the first imprint for the hatchling and then hand feed formula. Is this true? And if so, how do you sell them? And what are average prices for eggs from the breeds I have?

StandUpand

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Amber
A closed band can only be put on when they are 10-14 days old, open bands can be applied any time. Closed bands are more reliable. As far as the price of the bird, though, it doesn't really make a difference.

The second is definitely a jenday.
You're talking bout the one with the orange head right? What might the other one be? It is slightly larger then the other one. My sister had purchased three hatchlings around the same time. Two of them came from the same place and we're siblings. They looked very similar. The other one was just like the orange head one but we were able to sell it.

I had seven cockatiels to begin with one of which was a very beautiful one. It was grey nd white but not like a traditional one. It was all over mottled grey and white very interesting looking bird that we hand fed. We also had a very pretty yellow and white one that we sold.the five cockatiels left now are pretty average looking teal's. One of them in particular is able to mimic a little, no words yet but maybe? I did have a cockatiel as a kid that could talk.