• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

small birds and pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
i know studies now are finding small birds don't really need pellets but my finches and budgies love there pellets and same would die if i took her purple pellets away (she likes the other colors too but i can get her to do anything for purple) there main diet isn't pellets its a seed base then come there beloved grains and then there veggies the budgies and finches could care less for fruit the tiels think fruit is OK, then there is treats witch are adored by all and are rarely given but when given i spoil them:o: but is there anything wrong with letting them have there beloved pellets the budgies Jessy and the tiels get zupreem and the finches get some sort of really ity-bity brown crumble pellet the i cant remember the name off the top of my head. it just seems to me if they like it why shouldn't they have it? i just love my little guys and want them to be happy and healthy.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I would just keep my birds on their pellets. I personally would rather have a bird on pellets than an all seed diet. You can still add greens and chopped veggies and goodies to their pelleted diet! :)

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
i will alwas give them there healthy goodies becuase seeing there delight when i bring in a big bag of leafy green alway makes me happy. i just didnt know if i should cut of there pellets...they and one a "good" seed diet (not abouslt just) because finches are alwas suposed to have a seed base, the keets i think at least need some seeds and the tiels get acsess the what the budgies have so thats what they get.

Ede-bird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Maureen
Their diet sounds fine the way it is :) You're a great birdie Mom! :)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I agree, their diet sounds fine the way it is and you are a good bird mom. I feed mine basically what you feed yours and they have been eating that way for 6 years.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
their diet sounds fine.....my birds are on seed, but they also get other food ie veggies etc..even pellets alone are not good enough..

Status
Not open for further replies.