• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Small bird, BIG sass

Goffinsmamma

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Madison
So I already posted a thread here a few days ago and in that time I've found a treat that Kiwi loves (sunflower seeds,) we've started clicking with them, and I'm already starting to notice some hysterical habits of hers. She takes great pride in her acting skills. Although I know shes very intelligent and will probably train very quickly she likes to pretend that she has no idea what I'm doing. "Why are you making that noise? What is that in your hand? Oh, no thank you, I dont want a sunflower seed right now. Okay so what do you want me to do again? Look at that stick? I would love a seed but if I completely turn my back to the stick you will sigh which is much funnier." She is such a clown! Shes done things like this for a long time, like saying things or making certain noises when only one person is there and then acting like we're crazy when we try to get her to do it again, sometimes she pretends like she'll bite and when we say "no bites!" She very gently grabs our hands with her beak "biting" us without ACTUALLY biting. :bash::rolleyes: Nothing makes her happier than getting to play with the humans!:lol:

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is a bird to my heart:heart::swoon::loveshower:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Goffins are little smarties for sure. For the first couple months we had Elvis, he would only talk to me. I felt like I was going crazy because when it was just the 2 of us he was a chatter box and when the fiancé came home- complete silence. Just like the frog from the Warner Brothers cartoon. LOL.