• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Small 1mo update w/Kiyoshi:)

Chaseh9464

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Chase
Hello! It hasn’t been long since i posted last but it’s been a month with kiyoshi tomorrow and i wanted to update the lot of you :) I’ve taken your guys’ advice and let him set the pace of the “taming” process. I have not stuck my hands in his cage unless it was to change water or food or to clean or something, but he has kind of stopped coming up to me to eat millet at the front of the cage when I’m holding it. Instead, he’ll wait until i leave it wedged in the bars and then hop over to snack. He’s also been pretty chirpy for the past few weeks. Around 8:30 almost every day he’ll chirp up a storm. Sometimes it’s cute little chirps and trills and sometimes it turns into what sounds like stressed out chirps to me. Is this normal? Sometimes i try to interact with him and see if he needs anything when he chirps like that but sometimes it seems like it’s for no reason. I needed to deep clean his cage today so i let him out and he was flying around most of the day, but was kind of scared at first. Was it a mistake to take him out again this early? He will not approach me whatsoever and flies around when doors are opened. I set up perches with millet but he was more interested with just being really high up on the wall (we have high ceilings) sitting on my decorations, far away from me and my boyfriend lol. Anyway, that’s the update! Overall doing okay, the constant chirping is definitely testing our patience but i want to see progress so badly that it doesn’t even matter to me. That’s all:) Thanks for taking the time to read this

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Congratulations!

Great minds tag Zara, as a wise person once said. :rofl::hehe:
Sorry I've already tagged her like 3 times today, I don't want to tag her again. so tempting... She knows all.

Chaseh9464

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Chase
Congratulations!

Great minds tag Zara, as a wise person once said. :rofl::hehe:
Sorry I've already tagged her like 3 times today, I don't want to tag her again. so tempting... She knows all.
That’s okay, I’m not worried about much, just keeping everyone updated:) thank u tho !!! I probably would’ve tagged Zara myself if i was worried abt something haha :wacky:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Time and patience. :) You're doing well. :)