• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video SLOW MOTION PICTURE OF Gracie FLYING

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy

Gracie was fully fledged and clipped before shipping. Although she still has one flight feather on each wing to molt, she's flying like a champ. For the last couple of months, my husband and I have made many changes to the house, and have a protocol to follow, prior to letting her out.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Very cool! How old is she now? Her eyes still look really dark but it might just be the lighting and the movement. I have a friend with a CAG whose eyes never turned...he's got to be in his teens now and he still has those dark baby eyes!:)

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy

Gracie was fully fledged and clipped before shipping. Although she still has one flight feather on each wing to molt, she's flying like a champ. For the last couple of months, my husband and I have made many changes to the house, and have a protocol to follow, prior to letting her out.
Very cool! How old is she now? Her eyes still look really dark but it might just be the lighting and the movement. I have a friend with a CAG whose eyes never turned...he's got to be in his teens now and he still has those dark baby eyes!:)

Thank you! Gracie is just shy of 15 months. Her eyes have lightened some. I'm not sure when they totally change. You probably know.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Thank you! Gracie is just shy of 15 months. Her eyes have lightened some. I'm not sure when they totally change. You probably know.
Man, it's been 13 years since Tuchis TAG was that young! They are so sweet and impressionable then! LOL! Then they grow up and order you around and turn snotty...at least mine did! Aw heck, he was snotty the second he came out of his egg! He had a sister who was sweet as pie but I told the breeder to give me the one who got into the most trouble...I got him all right. I love him even though he gives me a run for my money!:)

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Man, it's been 13 years since Tuchis TAG was that young! They are so sweet and impressionable then! LOL! Then they grow up and order you around and turn snotty...at least mine did! Aw heck, he was snotty the second he came out of his egg! He had a sister who was sweet as pie but I told the breeder to give me the one who got into the most trouble...I got him all right. I love him even though he gives me a run for my money!:)

Tuchis sounds like a funny guy! That's funny, that you asked for the one, that was the most trouble. You got it! . He sounds great.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Excellent flier! ♥♥♥
For the last couple of months, my husband and I have made many changes to the house, and have a protocol to follow, prior to letting her out.
But it's so worth it! To see them flying knowing that they do what they where born to do is making me so happy.
They only bad about it is when you are having to little cloth on your body and you get the draft from their wings when they fly by. :p

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Excellent flier! ♥♥♥

But it's so worth it! To see them flying knowing that they do what they where born to do is making me so happy.
They only bad about it is when you are having to little cloth on your body and you get the draft from their wings when they fly by. :p
I totally agree that they were meant to fly. It warms my heart to watch her.
I will make sure to wear plenty of clothes.

SamandWilley

Walking the driveway
Real Name
DeAnna
Love the video! Watching birds in flight is so fascinating! And makes me a tad jealous, too!
:laughing12::tweety:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
wow absolutely stunning!

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Wonderful to watch! :heart::heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Love it.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
gorgeous! love the video!

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Beautiful!

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
I appreciate the kind words. I can't get over, how beautiful a parrot in flight is.