• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Slightly weird tail preening

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
So Echo occasionally does thing while preening his tail. He makes these little weird squeaks. They almost sound hiccups but birds don't have diagrams like we do, right? So they can't be hiccups then? So this normal behavior, a a weird quirk or something else?

Oh the end of video is just him noticing himself in the camera. I thought it was cute so I added it :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
That's a bit of an obsessive behaviour (Which I’m sure you know) especially because he’s doing it to one feather.

To me the noise is just a noise that goes with the behaviour. It’s a vocal noise

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
That's a bit of an obsessive behaviour (Which I’m sure you know) especially because he’s doing it to one feather.

To me the noise is just a noise that goes with the behaviour. It’s a vocal noise
Thanks John :) He definitely over preens, but the sound always threw me though. Good to know it's just a weird habit

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Thanks John :) He definitely over preens, but the sound always threw me though. Good to know it's just a weird habit
It does not sound like a squeaky nasal type noise to me but I can’t hear it in real life.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Milton does the same thing...complete with the little squeaks...he also does the "Hello" bit when he sees you watching him...that usually sounds like this..."Hello...I a pretty pretty bird".... :rolleyes:

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Milton does the same thing...complete with the little squeaks...he also does the "Hello" bit when he sees you watching him...that usually sounds like this..."Hello...I a pretty pretty bird".... :rolleyes:
Thanks for letting me know!! It definitely nice to know my little weirdo isn't alone with his strange quirks :lol: ;)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Just had to watch him again! :heart: He is way too cute :xflove: