• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Slight shiver of tail

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
Hello. So I have noticed that my IRN's tail shivers sometimes and I'm not sure if it's because of the cold or something else. She shivers even if she is perched on both legs or one, but not always (from what time I spend with her daily). My room temperature is somewhere between 23°C and 24°C.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I think she looks okay from what I can see, but if you have any doubts about her health, maybe get her checked by the vet, especially if she hasn’t been in a while.

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
I’ve watched the clips 5x now and I’m not sure what you’re seeing. She looks absolutely normal if a bit sleepy.

A lot of birds do shiver/shake their tails as a simple release of tension. It doesn’t indicate anything more than getting into a relaxed state.

Of concern would be if her rain was uncontrollable bobbing in huge bounces usually timed to her breathing and her head also bobbing. That usually indicates trauma/illness/pain.

She is beautiful. :)

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
I’ve watched the clips 5x now and I’m not sure what you’re seeing. She looks absolutely normal if a bit sleepy.

A lot of birds do shiver/shake their tails as a simple release of tension. It doesn’t indicate anything more than getting into a relaxed state.

Of concern would be if her rain was uncontrollable bobbing in huge bounces usually timed to her breathing and her head also bobbing. That usually indicates trauma/illness/pain.

She is beautiful. :)
Oh, I didn't know that birds relieve tension by shivering their tail. That's new information for me.
She doesn't do the huge bounces or bobs her head, so I guess that's a good thing.
I guess I have become a little bit paranoid since my previous bird died because of a freak accident and never showed any sign of distress.
Also, thanks for the response and the compliment :) all birds are beautiful :heart: