• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Slight Concerns Of Budgie

birdiecare

Meeting neighbors
I've seen some slight concerns on my budgie Teddy. Any clarification and or advice would be greatly appreciated :)

1) He has a curved posture? I've noticed his body is 100% aligned straightly unless he's standing looking forwards (it's still present because his tail is still a bit swayed but minimized) Am I just overthinking this?

2) His tail is droopy, it's been like this since I got him but his tail is pointed downwards instead of straight like my other budgie and I know a droopy tail can be a sign of sickness.

3) I believe he's underweight, he is VERY tiny compared to my other budgie but I can't weigh him because I don't have an accessible scale at home. Could this correlate with the droopy tail?

***To give more context these are just physical concerns I've seen but his behavior has not changed if anything he's more active than before and is more open to enjoying a wide variety of veggies. I can confirm his droppings are the same as well but I know they tend to hide illnesses very well :( He also has a vet appointment this Tuesday I just want the ease of mind at the moment. I might give an update depending on how this thread does. Thank you ***

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not sure what's going on. Pistachio sometimes hunches. Marzipan never does.

Maybe some photos would help some of the others determine if the posture you describe is normal.

birdiecare

Meeting neighbors
Not sure what's going on. Pistachio sometimes hunches. Marzipan never does.

Maybe some photos would help some of the others determine if the posture you describe is normal.
I'll see if I can tomorrow morning!

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
1. Every bird is different.
2. Every bird is different.
3. Every bird is different.

No matter how good they are at hiding illness they can't disguise poops. I realise you're anxious but you really are over-thinking this.

Last edited:

birdiecare

Meeting neighbors
1. Every bird is different.
2. Every bird is different.
3. Every bird is different.

No matter how good they are at hiding illness they can't disguise poops. I realise you're anxious but you really are over-thinking this.
I figured, thank you. I think I needed to hear that.