• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Sliding Closet doors

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Well Riti did it last night, she managed to squeeze almost under the sliding closet doors...almost. I had to open it while making sure it didn't fall of the track, they do that you know, to get her unstuck. So I'm off to Lowes to pick up a couple of thin slabs of wood and some screws. I'll make a "T" 6 foot long, the "T" will be upside down with the bottom piece under the doors, there's too much clearance and this will help the close that off, The leg sticking up will go between the doors to make double sure she can't get in there and will space the doors apart just enough to let them open without a fight BUT not enough for her to slide between them. For a little girl of 50 grams she sure is a lot of work.

How she did it I don't know there's only an inch of space there but she is determined.

IcanlSqueezeUunder.jpg

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Little booger...

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
oh my gosh that could have been a terrible tragedy thanks to God that you seen your bird

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
They're exceptional at getting where they aren't supposed to be, aren't they? I'm so glad she's okay.

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
That is so scary! Thankfully your are vigilant! Great parronthood:) My blind girl Xena has an itch for trouble too, she has already had more incidents in the few months she has been here, then Henkie in 6 years:rolleyes:

Mark & Da Boyz

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Problem fixed. A piece of board 3/4"x3 1/2" cut to 59" long. A sliding door bottom guide and she's not getting under there without she loses a WHOLE lotta weight. Now I need to paint the place where they've tried to eat me out of house and home literally!

DoorOpen.JPG DoorClosed.JPG

Last edited: