• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sleepy Teepee - do any of your birds use these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParrotletPal

Walking the driveway
I am considering getting one of these but wasn't sure if birds would actually use them or not. I have a linnie and a parrotlet. They both love to share a sleep tent ... so I thought this might be an option for them if they're looking for a change. Has anyone had birds that go in them ... and if so, I guess the parrotlet would be okay with a small but the linnie might need a medium????

Scooter Z's Sleepy Teepee Small

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Nope but my IRN uses a sleep hut. he mostly rolls around in it and guards it sometimes...It os actually really funny. Here is a picture of it.

Ashley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
what a cute pic....my jenday sleeps behind is snuggy hut

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I am considering getting one of these but wasn't sure if birds would actually use them or not. I have a linnie and a parrotlet. They both love to share a sleep tent ... so I thought this might be an option for them if they're looking for a change. Has anyone had birds that go in them ... and if so, I guess the parrotlet would be okay with a small but the linnie might need a medium????

Scooter Z's Sleepy Teepee Small
I have had those types in the past. I tried a few with some love birds, a parrotlet..But with the shape of them i had a hard time getting them into it. The openess of the hut is more appealing to play in. LOL. Rico is in his right now..facing the other way so his tail is sticking out..I gotta get a picture of that. hahahaha

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
My 3 quakers and my conure all use the sleep huts. They love them and they get to rest their little feeties.

ParrotletPal

Walking the driveway
Crystal ... I love that picture of the IRN in the tent:laughing4:. Do you buy matching colours for all the birds????:hehe:

ParrotletPal

Walking the driveway
Hi Tamara, thanks for the suggestion. I already have the tent ... which they love. I just thought I'd like to 'mix it up a bit' for them and try something new. But, I've purchased lots of things that did not go over well so thought I'd ask around a bit before taking the plunge. If I do buy a sleepee teepee my guess is the small would be a good size for the parrotlet ... what do you think?

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Hi Tamara, thanks for the suggestion. I already have the tent ... which they love. I just thought I'd like to 'mix it up a bit' for them and try something new. But, I've purchased lots of things that did not go over well so thought I'd ask around a bit before taking the plunge. If I do buy a sleepee teepee my guess is the small would be a good size for the parrotlet ... what do you think?
Yes, go with small. :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
My conures have 1 and they LOVE it, they sleep in it every night, I put 2 small happy huts in their cage, and they just wanted 1 in their cage, so they could snuggle together, so I only have 1 happy hut in their cage now. The cockatiels also have 2 in their cage, they don't sleep in the happy hut, they sleep on the top, LOL! Cookie and Pumpkin do, the other 2 tiels that are in the cage with them, they are scared of the happy huts, haha!

Lolle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Louise
I just ordered a sleepy teepee from TLA.. really hope my guys like it... so far they enjoy the tents i made myself.

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
I just ordered a sleepy teepee from TLA.. really hope my guys like it... so far they enjoy the tents i made myself.
I can't wait for you to get your box! I am eager in anticipation!

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
That picture cracks me up!!! Most of my little birds use the tents, however I had luck with Connor and Joey using these beds that looked like trees. (I can't find a picture :( ) They were on sale at Petsmart so I bought them and tried them. Basically they were brown, plush, and looked like a tree trunk with a yellow hole in it. They actually lasted for quite a while, so I was impressed with my $8.00 purchase.

Lolle

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Louise
I can't wait for you to get your box! I am eager in anticipation!
I just woke up dreaming about getting my box! I really cant wait.. And that just makes me crazy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.