• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sleep?

birdfloof

Strolling the yard
Looking all over the internet, and taking an informational class on bird health, I haven't gotten a consistent answer for how much sleep a cockatiel would need. Some sources say 8 hours is enough (Which feels like FAR too little) some say 14-16 hours, and the class said around 10-12 hours. Do y'all think 10-12 is good? If not, what do you guys recommend? I definitely know about consistency, but what would be the right amount for a juvenile cockatiel?

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My conures get 12 hours sleep a night unless hormonal and they then get 14-15 hours.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I aim for 12 for mine, though it's getting harder with the days getting longer already

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I aim for 12 for mine, though it's getting harder with the days getting longer already
Do you cover there cages ?
I am so pleased the days are getting longer Mojo is hormonal again but i know as we get to spring there wont be any hormones for a few months.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Do you cover there cages ?
I am so pleased the days are getting longer Mojo is hormonal again but i know as we get to spring there wont be any hormones for a few months.
I used to, but they've both figured out how to pull covers off :shifty: I'm about to invest in blackout curtains for their room