• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Skylar looking for a home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
I am in texas right now I am trying to socialize him. I dont want him to go to another temp home i want him in his forever home when he leaves here.

I can find him a good. We may end up keeping him we may not right now I am trying to make sure he is happy. And healthy.

right now I am trying to make him a better corn bread mix then the first one I made him.

We are commited he wont end up in a shelter or in a rescues lap.

I am going to give him some time to adjust like everyone has said stop letting him out. Give him a treat everytime I walk by tke things slow I have a rabbit so i know aout taking it slow

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
I wanted to update this thread and say Skylar is staying right here.

He is not going anywhere.

Thanks for all the imput

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am sorry you are having biting issues. Birds sometimes tend to bite because they are scared. Birds are very different from other animals in the amount of time it takes them to trust a human especially if it has been that long since he has been handled or socialized. But it can be done and it is so rewarding in the end. I had a cockatiel that would draw blood and didn't like anyone at first. With time he came around to be one of the best cockatiels I have had. If you can hold out just a little longer I would urge you to because birds really are great pets once they come around :)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I wanted to update this thread and say Skylar is staying right here.

He is not going anywhere.

Thanks for all the imput
Somehow I missed this but I am glad to hear it!

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat

Somehow I missed this but I am glad to hear it!
just posted it LOL
Not making fun of you I promise I am laughing with you
I was just joking not trying to be mean or rude:hug8:

Last edited:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Human time and bird time are not the same. 4 months in human time ='s 10 minutes bird time.

I hope you continue to stay here with us so we can help you with your little guy.

Ginger

Mrs. PBJ

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kat
Human time and bird time are not the same. 4 months in human time ='s 10 minutes bird time.

I hope you continue to stay here with us so we can help you with your little guy.

Ginger
I am sticking around I love this forum. I could not do it by myself I need yall

Status
Not open for further replies.