• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Size of a playstand for a senegale parrot

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
Hello,

I am considering getting a playstand for my bird. First I think it will be fun for him, and also because I try to organize things such that he could eventually become more independant. For now he spends most of the days on my shoulder or the one of my mom, and it would be nice if outside of the cage he could have a place to play and do his own stuff. Hence I was considering getting him a playstand.

I would like to know what should be the dimension of a playstand for a senegale?

Also I am in europe so if you know a store with good playstands in this region just let me know. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
The dimensions you choose would be whatever space you have available to put it in.

If you opt for a java tree, or other branch-like stand, look at the size of the branches to make sure they´re not too thin or thick for your bird to perch on.

Where abouts in EU are you?

sootling

Real Name
Ollie (he/they)
I've made a fair amount of stands from bird-safe branches I found outside and poured boiling water on, which is much more cheap than buying a similarly-sized java wood playstand of the same size (plus birds love stripping bark!).

SunTruth

The dimensions you choose would be whatever space you have available to put it in.

If you opt for a java tree, or other branch-like stand, look at the size of the branches to make sure they´re not too thin or thick for your bird to perch on.

Where abouts in EU are you?
Hello, thank you for your answer. I am in France and yes I was looking at these java stree but I will have to order one online. I think I could try to contact various vendors an ask but if you know a good one let me know.

SunTruth

I've made a fair amount of stands from bird-safe branches I found outside and poured boiling water on, which is much more cheap than buying a similarly-sized java wood playstand of the same size (plus birds love stripping bark!).
It seems nice is there a tutorial for doing these?