• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sitting on the bottom of the cage and sleeping

Char.bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Charlotte
Hi everyone I hope your doing well. It’s been about 3 months since I posted about boo sitting on the bottom of the cage and she had stopped and gone back to normal until now. Over the last week or so I have noticed that my budgie boo has started sitting on the bottom of the cage and is always sleeping. She is now letting peachy the lovebird preen her when before peachy was not allowed to be within 1 metre of her. What do you think this could be? She never laied an egg like we thought she was going to. I'd appreciate any advice or insights.
Thanks,
Charlotte

Char.bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Charlotte
image.jpg Boo while foraging in the morning.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Doesn't sound great. Worrisome that she's just suddenly stopped putting up a fight against the lovebird getting close and preening.
How's her weight, droppings, appetite?

If you were anticipating an egg and it didn't happen, she may well be eggbound.

Time for the vet, methinks.

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
i would say to bring her to the vet. sounds like she may have trouble balancing, and that’s why she’s staying at the bottom of the cage. sleeping a lot is also concerning.

Char.bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Charlotte
Doesn't sound great. Worrisome that she's just suddenly stopped putting up a fight against the lovebird getting close and preening.
How's her weight, droppings, appetite?

If you were anticipating an egg and it didn't happen, she may well be eggbound.

Time for the vet, methinks.
i would say to bring her to the vet. sounds like she may have trouble balancing, and that’s why she’s staying at the bottom of the cage. sleeping a lot is also concerning.
Her Droppings are normal but her weight and appetite have dropped. Due to Christmas, there was no way we could get her in for a vet appointment so we will have to wait till next week. We had someone who runs a rescue come over and they said she seems skinny but her droppings were normal and to just give her whatever she will eat even if that's a seed. She also said as this has happened before it might be hormonal. We also had a vet come to vaccinate our Cat and he had a look at her and said pretty much the same thing but to keep a close eye on her and keep her away from the lovebird.
I never thought about her being eggbound but that may be why. Is there anything I can do to help her?