• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sisi scared me today

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
I was cleaning Sisi her cage today and put her in her travel cage (because I can't clean with her having access to the cage) and when I put her in her travel cage she pooped and it was really watery and had bubbles in it. At this moment I was already thinking this wasn't really good, but a bit later she started vomiting and I immediately called the vet because I didn't trust it.
I luckily could come by a few hours later with Sisi. The vet examined her and a bit of poop. She has a mild yeast infection and got some medication for that now. And I got the tip to put some apple cider vinegar in her water.
But the vet also asked me to keep an eye on her and if her symptoms won't be over by next week to come back to do a test for avian borna virus. :unsure1:

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
Aww poor baby! I'm glad you got her into the vet. Hopefully she'll be all better soon!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I hope Sisi feels better soon! :heart:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Glad she takes meds well. Feel better soon Sisi! :swoon:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope she feels better soon.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So glad you caught it immediately!

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Good on you for taking Sisi in so quickly! hope she gets well soon.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’m so glad you spotted the symptoms right away and got your dear Sisi to the vet! I hope she improves quickly!!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor little girl! :( Will keep my fingers crossed for everything to clear up quickly with hopefully no additional issues to test for. But she does have a good birdy mama watching out for her. :heart:

Chase Hein

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chase
I was cleaning Sisi her cage today and put her in her travel cage (because I can't clean with her having access to the cage) and when I put her in her travel cage she pooped and it was really watery and had bubbles in it. At this moment I was already thinking this wasn't really good, but a bit later she started vomiting and I immediately called the vet because I didn't trust it.
I luckily could come by a few hours later with Sisi. The vet examined her and a bit of poop. She has a mild yeast infection and got some medication for that now. And I got the tip to put some apple cider vinegar in her water.
But the vet also asked me to keep an eye on her and if her symptoms won't be over by next week to come back to do a test for avian borna virus. :unsure1:
I’m so sorry! I have had birds with yeast infections, it’s terrifying, best wishes. I hope she gets better.:sad11:

Ira

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ira R.
Does anyone practice a regiment of, say once a month, adding a few drops of apple cider vinegar to water as part of a normal diet?

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Thank you all so much! Sisi is a bit more quiet than normal, but I also think that's because of all the impressions of the last days and getting her medication. Her poop is a bit less watery, but there still are some bubbles in it. She luckily hasn't vomited again. She's a bit more difficult to give her medication now, but I'm still very proud of her for taking it quite easy. :heart:

Poor little girl! :( Will keep my fingers crossed for everything to clear up quickly with hopefully no additional issues to test for. But she does have a good birdy mama watching out for her. :heart:
Thank you so much for the compliment! :hug8:

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
A little update on Sisi, she still isn't doing well her poop is still watery and has bubbles in it, she seems to be somewhat nauseous and her breathing sometimes is a bit off. She also isn't her usual busy talking self. She still makes sounds and talks, but she is a bit quiet.
So I contacted the vet again today, we have an appointment for tomorrow morning. :unsure1:

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
I hope Sisi feels better soon, good thing you didn't wait on it.
:heart2:

Tvdv96

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tessa
Thank you all so much! :grouphug2: I hope so too, I hate to see her like this :unsure1: