• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Silly sleep place

KiwiConure

Strolling the yard
Anyone else's feather baby sleep in weird places? Kiwi for the last few nights has been very "snuggly" to her favourite wood chew, rather than her perch she sleeps on. Went in to cover her after the sun was fully down and snapped this picture
20200920_220813.jpg

Char.bird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Charlotte
Aww how cute I have a joint cage with a divider and theres a stick that both my birds like and its just got the end of the stick sticking into the other cage and they'll balance with one foot and sleep!! Its so cute.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My Jujube will sleep on top of hanging toys if I forget to take them out before lights out...always scares me to death to come down in the morning and find him with his back against the top of the cage knowing he's been on that thing all night! SMH....

KiwiConure

Strolling the yard
My Jujube will sleep on top of hanging toys if I forget to take them out before lights out...always scares me to death to come down in the morning and find him with his back against the top of the cage knowing he's been on that thing all night! SMH....
I've woken up to find Kiwi hanging from the top of her cage like a bat, it scared me to no end because I thought she somehow got her foot stuck between the grate and the tray ontop!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've woken up to find Kiwi hanging from the top of her cage like a bat, it scared me to no end because I thought she somehow got her foot stuck between the grate and the tray ontop!
Gets the heart going, doesn't it?! Lol! Cuts down on the coffee consumption on a morning like that :)

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a security camera on the cage so I can check on them after lights out. Tonight, I see Jujube sleeping on a perch in his new favorite spot. But, I didn’t see Jelly at first! Then I spot him literally working his way across the top of the cage like some sort of dinosaur bat, smh. He finally settled in on the highest part of the highest perch with his back up against the top of the cage! How can that be comfortable?

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
I have a security camera on the cage so I can check on them after lights out. Tonight, I see Jujube sleeping on a perch in his new favorite spot. But, I didn’t see Jelly at first! Then I spot him literally working his way across the top of the cage like some sort of dinosaur bat, smh. He finally settled in on the highest part of the highest perch with his back up against the top of the cage! How can that be comfortable?
They tend to try and sleep in the highest spot of the cage. In the wild, this helps keep them away from predators. If I don’t put any high perches in the cage they’ll hang on to the ceiling or a toy :rofl:

Sweetbeaks

Meeting neighbors
Ok this helps a lot lol, chewie has been all over ever since I took out the rope perch she use to sleep on , but we don’t call her chewie for nothing . That was 3 -4 months ago. Mines more a bottom dweller silly!

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
I have to say my parrotlet does this everyone and again... I think it make her quite comfortable.