• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Silly season for Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Titan,our IRN,has his silly season. He's running after you trying to get your feet, to feed your toes. After 20 years of this going on, we have become quite used to the behavior. Has anyone else's IRN become hormonal lately?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
he sounds like a real character!!

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I think it's silly season (or about to be) for all things feathered! My SC Nicky, first thing every morning, has to sit on my hand & try to feed my fingertips :o:

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Titan,our IRN,has his silly season. He's running after you trying to get your feet, to feed your toes. After 20 years of this going on, we have become quite used to the behavior. Has anyone else's IRN become hormonal lately?
Mine are FINALLY coming to an end!!! It's been just over a month of nonstop whining, moaning, screaming, etc. My two boys have been taking turns making the moves on each other from sun up until sun down for over a month now. Today FINALLY there were some breaks of silence. So I think they're finally getting out of the need to breed.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
I think it's silly season (or about to be) for all things feathered! My SC Nicky, first thing every morning, has to sit on my hand & try to feed my fingertips :o:
The thought of all the avians here in silly season at one time..:scared3:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Merlins been barfing on all my stuff again.....:rolleyes:.........I love spring.......

_Kiwi_

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Brandon
Kiwi seems a little extra mean these past couple of days LOL.

Endlesaley

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aley
Is it breeding season? My IRN is only 10 months old, so I'm not familiar with their behavior yet, but he has been extra loud the last couple of days. He screams a lot more than usual and he has been more active. He also screams while he is on my shoulder, which is unusual for him, and very painful for my ears. The screaming has been out of control. He screams all day unless he is entertained in some way. When I give him a new chew toy or a treat he plays with it for a few minutes then goes back to screaming. Are hormones to blame for this? How do I handle this behavior? I really dont want to "reward" his behavior by giving him treats or taking him out, but I am staying with my family and they dont handle the noise very well. Covering his cage quiets him, but obviously I cant have him covered all day. But I wonder if that would teach him to break the habit?

Status
Not open for further replies.