• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Silly question but bird got ahold of a Taki type chip. Ate a little

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard
My Conure ate a little tiny bit of the Doritos brand of the Taki like chips.

They are spicy.
I know for sure she ate a little. Is this harmful?

Will she get sick or anything?
Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I am not familiar with the particular doritos you mention but a little bit of potato or corn chip (even with all the bad chemicals, fake foods and fats in them) will not be major cause for alarm. If it is the spicy part you are concerned about then no need to worry as our birds can eat and enjoy the hottest of chilies without a reaction. The rest of the stuff they put into make corn chips or any junk food is not good for your bird but a tiny taste is not going to harm them.

Burt has stolen a whole corn chip from me which I was less than impressed with (and learned my lesson about keeping junk food away from him) and he was fine, a little excited and pleased with himself but just fine..... little stinker took the whole chip onto the top of his cage to eat knowing I can not reach there- once finished he came looking for more grrrr :lol:

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard
I am not familiar with the particular doritos you mention but a little bit of potato or corn chip (even with all the bad chemicals, fake foods and fats in them) will not be major cause for alarm. If it is the spicy part you are concerned about then no need to worry as our birds can eat and enjoy the hottest of chilies without a reaction. The rest of the stuff they put into make corn chips or any junk food is not good for your bird but a tiny taste is not going to harm them.

Burt has stolen a whole corn chip from me which I was less than impressed with (and learned my lesson about keeping junk food away from him) and he was fine, a little excited and pleased with himself but just fine..... little stinker took the whole chip onto the top of his cage to eat knowing I can not reach there- once finished he came looking for more grrrr :lol:
I read the ingredients. Part mentions Onion powder, garlic powder, etc.
Is this a concern? I know for sure that onions are dangerous.

Thank you!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Did your bird eat the whole bag or just a bit of one of the chips?
If it is just a little bit your bird will be fine- I would not recommend feeding a small bit of chip daily or frequently but a once off is not going to be a problem. As a matter of fact there are a few healthier junk food options we have here that Burt gets a little bit of every now and then that have onion and garlic powder and other than him being a bit crazy he is fine and healthy....... they are still junk food just not as bad as some of the traditional junk foods that I grew up being familiar with. A small amount once will not be of concern.

Scarlet&Annie

Strolling the yard
Did your bird eat the whole bag or just a bit of one of the chips?
If it is just a little bit your bird will be fine- I would not recommend feeding a small bit of chip daily or frequently but a once off is not going to be a problem. As a matter of fact there are a few healthier junk food options we have here that Burt gets a little bit of every now and then that have onion and garlic powder and other than him being a bit crazy he is fine and healthy....... they are still junk food just not as bad as some of the traditional junk foods that I grew up being familiar with. A small amount once will not be of concern.

Thanks so much!
I just worry so much about her sometimes.
I was most concerned about the ingredients of it and wanted to be sure.

Thanks again!