• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Silent Indian ringneck

EMM

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi. I am new to this. I had an Indian Ringneck that was a year and a half old in the summer that died due to improper breeding. This bird was talking in full sentences. I bought another Indian Ringneck, or female, two months ago. This bird is six months old. It is very very gentle will step up on my finger and sometimes even let me start to pet her. However, I nearly at never hear her making any sounds. Any thoughts with this?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue!
I have moved your thread to this forum in the hopes of a better reponse from other IRN owners :)

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Two months isn't very long. It can take awhile for birds to feel safe in their new homes. Can you share more of your day to day with her? Maybe there is something you can do to help build trust. :)

Last edited:

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Google says "Ages Indian Ringnecks usually talk range from 4 months to about a year. " Developmentally, your bird might not be there but can still get there....

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Females generally aren't as vocal as males are. I have a female ARN and she doesn't vocalize much at all.

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Hi. I am new to this. I had an Indian Ringneck that was a year and a half old in the summer that died due to improper breeding. This bird was talking in full sentences. I bought another Indian Ringneck, or female, two months ago. This bird is six months old. It is very very gentle will step up on my finger and sometimes even let me start to pet her. However, I nearly at never hear her making any sounds. Any thoughts with this?
The best thing you can do is play Indian ringneck natural sounds as this is what I did when I got my Indian ringneck he/she is now very vocal hasn't learned to speak yet but is getting thier he is about 8 months old.