• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sighhhhhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
Received yet another call this morning, from a woman ( in Michigan) who wants to know how much I would charge to "tame" two Rosie's :lol:.They are 6 years old. In their third home. The last home wanted to set them up as breeders but when the hen didn't lay they sold them.
Now this couple both work everyday in their mid 60's and have 7 other parrots (all large) don't have the time to tame them :rofl:.
The male will step-up but the female is "afraid" but will let you touch her beak.
So me being the sucker I am said " I wont charge you anything to work with them but I can't promise any miracles either until I start working with them".
I don't think it will take much but I just wanted to share this with you :omg: I have to learn the word NO!!!!.
So sometime in the near future (not sure when yet) I will be getting 2 Galah's who are semi tame to play with :lol:.

Last edited:

Big.Green.Chicken

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Or if not No! How about $10 bucks a day? ;)

Can't wait to see pictures :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
so good of you to attempt this, would love to see pics of them as well!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Hi,
These people contacted me also. I refused due to the bonding and all training needs to be completed in the owners home. The birds are older and should be accepted for what they are. They are not that untame, so I did not see the issue.

catnloco

$10.00 per day for bandaids?:lol:She did send me a photo of the female.

Attachments

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Hi,
These people contacted me also. I refused due to the bonding and all training needs to be completed in the owners home. The birds are older and should be accepted for what they are. They are not that untame, so I did not see the issue.

I agree, no one can tame a bird but the owners , to me that would be pointless, They'd listen to the ppl who tamed them but they still most likely won't listen to the owners

It's like dogs - they can be perfectly trained, and extremely obedient to their OWNERS, but very seldom will they follow the same commands from a "stranger"

catnloco

Hi,
The birds are not bonded to the people but to one another. After they are here for a while and feeling comfortable I will put them in separate cages but next to one another (allowing play dates together).
I had a 30 year old Greenwing macaw who was a bird mill breeder come in once... so two 6 year old RB2's is NOT what I would consider OLD.
Yes maybe they should just accept them the way they are (wouldn't that be great) but if they can't and I can help them and their birds I will.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

This is crazy that these people are contacting people. The original owners contacted me and they were able to handle the female previously. I bet with more time they would be fine again. People never cease to amaze me. They do not want to do the work themselves. It is especially difficult with birds as they bond to the one person who does work with them. How sad for them to be moved around so many times just due to their tameness. They probably should not have purchased them without being able to handle them if thats what they were looking for to begin with. Poor Babies.

catnloco

They probably should not have purchased them without being able to handle them if thats what they were looking for to begin with. Poor Babies.
I totally agree with you on that. I am wondering if the people who contacted me are the same people who contacted you because, the female has never been handable. The people who contacted me have had them for almost 2 years now and are their third home.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
The poor little dears

Status
Not open for further replies.