• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

sideways

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
So, I was at my favorite rock shop yesterday (left with new ear rings, and a silver coin I had on layaway), and I was chatting with the couple who owns the place telling them about Luna. I was joking that I hadn't been in for a while because I spent all my "fun" money from the last month on her. Basically sang her praises - how exquisitely beautiful she is, how much I like her "coo's," and her reserved but sweet temperament....

Anyway, then I find myself listening to a story of some long ago feral pigeons, and how dirty they were - pooping on everything, and how this man was ordered to poision them (causing some customer backlash), and then the attempt at sticky pads....

Ugh!!!
I'll still shop there, but my goodness!

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Ugh. You have my deepest sympathies. :sad4: There's no counting the amount of bird injury/harm/death horror stories I've been told when people see me out with Rowan. I'm not sure what it is that compels people to share these dreadful tales when they learn you love birds. :sad6: Some of those stories have been quite scarring and stuck with me years after hearing them...