• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sickening bird store I saw today

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Ugh. That is sad. But what is sadder is that I bet many people see nothing wrong with that at all. That is the level of their thinking towards birds. I know that is hard to fathom. I was in a bird store in similar circumstance,and dumbstruck that people were coming in to see the birds and acted like it was perfectly fine and normal.
When you consider that people think it's NOT so normal to find a house taken over by birds,and arranged to accommodate them, it's not hard to understand. :(

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg: call the humane society spca the papers post it all over the net and go in and talk to them...GO TO THE MEDIA!!!!!!!

CKJ

Real Name
Cindy
Is anyone on the forum that can follow up on this store? I think all of us would like to see the outcome ~

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Is anyone on the forum that can follow up on this store? I think all of us would like to see the outcome ~
My mom has friends that live down here, I am going to have her go to the fea market and check on the birds. I will let you know the outcome or if I get a reply from any of the organization that I contacted. :)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I found somene on another forum who is familar with this store. He knows the owner. Says he is also a breeder. He said this is highly unusual for the store to be in this shape and also to be closed. He wonders if something may have happened. He was going to check it out tomorrow. He lives about an hour away. He will get back to me.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
That's great that the owner can be contacted, and something of a relief that this isn't SOP for the place. I hope that they're okay so they can get in there and clean up or at least recruit some volunteers to do so if they're not!

robin's my baby

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
oh those poor birds that little guy wont be "there" much longer with no water or food

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
We (bird people and vets) have tried to close down a store "Cage World" in Phx for many years. Have not been successful yet and the store has not improved one iota.
ML

liltweets

Jogging around the block
I found somene on another forum who is familar with this store. He knows the owner. Says he is also a breeder. He said this is highly unusual for the store to be in this shape and also to be closed. He wonders if something may have happened. He was going to check it out tomorrow. He lives about an hour away. He will get back to me.
Oh I'm so glad this is not the norm for the store. I hope he can find out what's going on. Those poor babies living like that. :(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
This "not the norm" thing is why people should have bigger cages, so birds like that poor blue and gold macaw and conures wont have to be miserable in tiny cages if things like this " not the norm" happen.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just an update. The person going to check the store out has a very sick daughter today, so she was unable to go.

K&J Birds

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
J.T.
Thats sickening... Well, jen sweety, i have relatives that dont live too far from there (they live in apopka) and i'll have them check it out. My grandma (one of the relatives) has a scarlet of her own, so she'll probably be just as upset as we are, lol. As far as the quaker goes, i do know that there are wild flocks of quakers, and they sometimes can be considered pests.... dont know why, but nothing i can do in this ice-block of a state... I'll keep you updated on what is going on.

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Thank you guys! I hope someone checks on them and I am glad this is not normal however, my friends who live down there were at that store a few months ago and they said it was in the same condition. I really don't want to get them in trouble or anything but I do want those birds to be taken care of properly. Any or all of those birds could have bacterial infections as a result of these conditions.
I just hope that something all around is done quickly for the birds sake.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Dont even get me started on cage world.:shake: They told my friend to beat his african grey with a rolled up newspaper! Ill stop before I go nuts! I hope something can be done for those birds in that horrid place. Im appalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.