• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Sick quaker, what can I do right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Hi Pat, I can't wait to see either. I have thought of everything from a crop infection to yeast to PDD (scary). I fed him again at 4 (it's 5:30 here now) and he's only had 3 droppings since. I fed him 4 cc's. His weight after feeding was up 3 grams. I hope that's enough. I would think it would be, it's moistened pellets and applesauce fed from a syringe. I made it a little thicker this time. I'm using a 1cc syringe that I cut the end off of so I could pull it up.

I had to bring my mind back from the PDD scenario. I was having all kinds of horrible thoughts about that.

Yes, my vet is a gem! If not for him I would be out of luck right now and scrambling to turn Buddy over to the rescue. He doesn't need another move right now. Poor little birdy. I hope I don't have to turn him over but I knew that was a possiblity when I rescued him. Rescues can have so many health issues. I just don't understand how anyone can let any animal live in filth and not feed them right. :(

How do we ever know how much is enough in a vet fund when it comes to neglected birds. :( If I ever came into a lot of money I would build a big room just for rescues and hire help.

:hug8:

Cant wait to see what your vet says Deb. You did a great job keeping him stable while you got through this very long weekend. :hug8: Your vet sounds like a gem.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Only 4 droppings now (in 2 hours) and he is regurgitating again. :(

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Deb you will see your vet first thing tomorrow morning. :hug8: You're doing great, just hang in there a few more hours.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Thank you Pat, I'm trying. I'm so scared for him. He goes from acting like he's getting better to acting like he feels really bad. I hope it's something a different antibiotic can cure and not something serious.
:hug8::hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Thank you Pat, I'm trying. I'm so scared for him. He goes from acting like he's getting better to acting like he feels really bad. I hope it's something a different antibiotic can cure and not something serious.
:hug8::hug8:
I am hoping your vet sees a need to change the medication. I will be looking for updates tomorrow for sure!:hug8:

J*M*L

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Julie
I can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread! I'm so sorry about Buddy! Give lots of :hug8: from me!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Still sending ALL kinds of healing thoughts and Prayers:hug8:

liltweets

Jogging around the block

I'm still giving all my best!!! :hug8:
I can't believe I'm just now seeing this thread! I'm so sorry about Buddy! Give lots of :hug8: from me!
Still sending ALL kinds of healing thoughts and Prayers:hug8:
Thank you all. I took him out of his cage (which has become a heated prison for him the last week and 1/2 :( ) and he acted fine. :confused::confused:

Hubby even said if we didn't know any better we'd think nothing was wrong by the way he was acting. I just don't get it.

I cannot wait to see my vet tomorrow.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Deb good thoughts for you and Buddy this morning. I pray for an accurate diagnosis so little Buddy can go back to being his birdy self! :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Keeping Buddy in my prayers.

Ginger

Jadesmom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mary Ann
Hang in there. All fingers , toes, and talons crossed for you............

Status
Not open for further replies.