• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sick parrotlet

Azurabird

Checking out the neighborhood
My parrotlet, azura, recently became very lethargic and started vomiting her food. I also noticed that there was undigested grains in her feces, this was about two days ago. Yesterday she stopped vomiting but is still lethargic and still has undigested grains. I contacted all the vets in the area but none of them could get an emergency appointment scheduled anytime soon and azura isn’t getting any better. Although she seems to be eating well and has not lost any weight I fear that she has become sick because I used essential oils on myself around her. I did not touch her or go near her but we were in the same room, could that be why she is sick? I am looking for alternative solutions to curing azura and would be very grateful if anyone had any advice.

FinchORI

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ori
I hope she gets better soon! I’m not knowledgable about this topic, but I really hope she’s ok!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I would hound the vets for an emergency appointment. Essential oils are dangerous and can also be deadly to many of our pets, especially birds.

The issues you describe are pretty serious so I would grab the first vet appointment you can and really push for a sooner one if possible.